• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Doctor Who

addiesin

Reaction score
Trophy Points
A little photoshop activity.

kCHwrj3.png

Didn't love how this other one came out. But, hey, not many color photos of William Russel out there.

Before:
russell.jpg

After:

jEPIkoy.png

TM2YC

Take Me To Your Cinema
Staff member
Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
I caught up with all the classic blu-rays at last, with Season-22. My family had part-1 of 1985's 'Revelation of the Daleks' taped off TV, which I watched loads of times and so still remembered every word but for some reason we didn't have part-2. It was nice to finally see the conclusion to the story after 20-something years :LOL: . To quote Davros, it was "Excellent!".

Looking forward to the next one for Christmas, although it's a shame it won't have the 2 missing episodes animated.

91vxXwCcOaL._AC_SL1500_.jpg

Zarius

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Press screening for Jodie's finale was last night. Of course they lopped off the ending

DANLAV05

Reaction score
Trophy Points
No spoilers but I loved that. Best regeneration story since 'The Parting of the Ways'

TM2YC

Take Me To Your Cinema
Staff member
Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Now that's a cliffhanger! :D

There were quite a few similar moments throughout with welcome surprises I was not expecting. Ace and Tegan were my era, so I loved this. There were a couple of points where character's seemed to be complaining about Chibnall's writing outloud :LOL: with characters saying things like "Will you just get to the point, stop grandstanding and explain what the hells going on" to The Master. I've never been a fan of the way nu-who portrays The Master like Ledger's unhinged manic Joker (I liked the old moustache twirling Master) but Sacha Dhawan's performance here was so damn good. The bit where he's cackling about "'The Master's Dalek Plan', or er, 'The Dalek Master's Plan'" was fun.

Did I look away for 30-seconds and miss 17 pieces of script exposition, or did Graham just appear in a volcano for no reason?

Hymie

Reaction score
Trophy Points
Now that's a cliffhanger! :D

There were quite a few similar moments throughout with welcome surprises I was not expecting. Ace and Tegan were my era, so I loved this. There were a couple of points where character's seemed to be complaining about Chibnall's writing outloud :LOL: with characters saying things like "Will you just get to the point, stop grandstanding and explain what the hells going on" to The Master. I've never been a fan of the way nu-who portrays The Master like Ledger's unhinged manic Joker (I liked the old moustache twirling Master) but Sacha Dhawan's performance here was so damn good. The bit where he's cackling about "'The Master's Dalek Plan', or er, 'The Dalek Master's Plan'" was fun.

Did I look away for 30-seconds and miss 17 pieces of script exposition, or did Graham just appear in a volcano for no reason?

Graham was investigating the magnetic disturbances as presumably he and Ryan have been doing as they said they would and going around Earth acting to right the wrongs and fix problems like they did while companions.

As for the episode, I really enjoyed it and while thinking about past regeneration stories, I probably is my favorite of NuWho. If you including World Enough and Time/The Doctor Falls for 12 that would take the cake, but for me this was like The Five Doctors Redux and Chibnall actually went out with probably his best written story for the show. Definitely excited for the 60th specials next year, just disappointed we have to wait a whole year, but there's plenty of classic stories to watch to fill the time.

TM2YC

Take Me To Your Cinema
Staff member
Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Graham was investigating the magnetic disturbances as presumably he and Ryan have been doing as they said they would and going around Earth acting to right the wrongs and fix problems like they did while companions.

Ah, thanks. One of those things like the broken Cyberman and the guy in the Colonial Viper, that I 100% recognised but remembered 0% about who, what, when and where they were from.

TM2YC

Take Me To Your Cinema
Staff member
Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
This little official interview with the new Doctor includes a new (old) logo and he mentions that outside the UK/BBC, DW is going to be on Disney+. That should be a good platform to bring it a new audience.

Jrzag42

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
I now own all of doctors 9-12 on dvd. Never really watched the show before. Any advice going in, episodes to skip, best place to start, etc?

addiesin

Reaction score
Trophy Points
I now own all of doctors 9-12 on dvd. Never really watched the show before. Any advice going in, episodes to skip, best place to start, etc?
Ooh this is exciting to me. Just start at 9 and blow through, many fans get grumpy over stuff you probably won't care about. You'll quickly make up your mind about what you like and don't. The first episode has some corniness and shows its age and budget but introduces a lot including the main characters for the first few seasons of the "new" show and I think it does it well. Let me know when you get to "The Empty Child"!

Or if you're unsure about this whole Doctor Who thing and want one episode to convince you, find the 10th Doctor's episode called "Blink". It's very standalone.

asterixsmeagol

Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
I think you could start with the 9th, 11th, or 13th Doctors. All three are sort of soft-reboots that have a new Doctor and new companions at the same time, which gives the writers a chance to provide some quick exposition to get everyone up to speed. That said, I would still start with 9 and just give it a few episodes to grab you because I don't find the first quarter of his season very interesting, but it does have some important stuff that is referenced at the end of his season and with the 10th Doctor.

tremault

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
everyone's goingto have a different opinion. I personally can't stand the episodes that feature Danny Pink and I don't consider the 13th Doctor's run to be true doctor who due to the Showrunner. Which is a shame because I was looking forward to seeing Jodie as the Doctor.

It's sensible to watch in order and not skip any. mainly because every episode is going to be liked by someone, and there are plot elements that can feature in future episodes.

asterixsmeagol

Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Jodie's run was such a letdown. I absolutely love her performance, and I had high hopes after seeing her and Tennant together in Chibnal's Broadchurch, it seemed like he was going to nail his run, but wow. Just awful all the way through.

addiesin

Reaction score
Trophy Points
I disagree about it being awful. If it were I wouldn't keep watching the show anymore. But Chibnall's writing and show running is admittedly a step down overall. The new trailer looks like it's going to be what I want from Who so I have no complaints about the direction now.

My one complaint is old now but ever since Moffatt started Sherlock, Doctor Who's episode count shrank and schedule became erratic, and that continues today. I understand the job is considered grueling by some who know more than I, so I would never blame the cast and set crew, but seeing every US series with over 20 episodes makes me wonder what's been the bottleneck? Some producer not believing in the brand, budget, are they not given enough time to make many? What could it be? To me it seems like that was the main cause of the decline in popularity in the US after gaining a big following with Tennant and keeping most of it with Smith at first. We just couldn't find the show.

asterixsmeagol

Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
The art looks great! It really reminds me of the classic DWM 7th Doctor comic

Top Bottom