Fanedit Forums
Doctor Who - Printable Version

+- Fanedit Forums (https://forums.fanedit.org)
+-- Forum: General Topics (https://forums.fanedit.org/forumdisplay.php?fid=7)
+--- Forum: TV/Web Shows (https://forums.fanedit.org/forumdisplay.php?fid=37)
+--- Thread: Doctor Who (/showthread.php?tid=6369)

RE: Doctor Who - ChainsawAsh - 01-07-2020

That's the thing - if the writers realized they were doing this and made it a trait of Thirteen to explore (stuff like this happens a lot with her, and has since Series 11), that would be an incredible arc for her ... but I don't think they're doing that at all. As you say, I don't think they know that they're writing her with a kind-of-fucked moral compass.

But I hope I'm wrong, because if that's the arc they're going with for Thirteen (kind of the inverse of Twelve's arc), I'd be so on board for it.

RE: Doctor Who - Zarius - 01-13-2020

Orphan 55 didn't quite bowl me over. Thought they got into the danger way too quickly before the spa had been properly established. Monsters reminded me a bit of the one from Love & Monsters. Ending was ripped wholesale from serial one of Trial of a Time Lord and the Planeteer Alert at the end were deductive woke points.

RE: Doctor Who - Handman - 01-13-2020

Orphan 55 was really bad.  The pacing and editing were so frenetic I could hardly keep up with what was going on.  It's so bad I read a few criticisms from reddit asking if it was made on cocaine.

RE: Doctor Who - TM2YC - 01-13-2020

Sorry to say it but that episode was utter sh*t.

Did they re-use the cr*p monster costume from the worst ever episode of Babylon 5 'Grey 17 is missing'?:

[Image: 49379651568_b4aa5e8fb0_o.jpg]

RE: Doctor Who - Hymie - 01-13-2020

I wonder if whoever edited this episode took a look at The Rise of Skywalker and decided to try and do an even worse job.  Holy hell was the editing bad, elevating a bad enough story into laughably bad.  Some of the acting (from the daughter and Vilma in particular) was atrocious, and it seemed like this was originally a two parter they decided to trim into a single episode, with hilariously bad results.  Personally, I appreciated that they finally gave Jodie a monologue to do, if only so the critics can stop using that as one of their standard complaints about the show currently.  Overall, its going do right with Love & Monsters, Fear Her, and Sleep No More as the worse that NuWho has to offer.

I almost wonder if the spoiler reveal near the end was intentional, as the episode would have fit snugly in the later part of the JNT era.  What I did notice is that the Doctor continues to be more apathetic and reckless with others' lives, making me think her going dark is going to be a dramatic shift in her character going forward.  Characters are asking her if she's ok, when her actions are clearly showing that she is not.  It should hopefully make for a good payoff, providing Chibnall gives her enough material to pull it off properly.

RE: Doctor Who - Handman - 01-13-2020

Announcement tomorrow probably.
[Image: 915kzZ1bHOL._AC_SL1500_.jpg]

RE: Doctor Who - asterixsmeagol - 01-14-2020

(01-13-2020, 12:09 PM)TM2YC Wrote: Did they re-use the cr*p monster costume from the worst ever episode of Babylon 5 'Grey 17 is missing'?

I knew that monster design looked familiar!

So did Hyph3n.
[Image: barf-doctor-who.jpg]

RE: Doctor Who - TM2YC - 01-14-2020

(01-13-2020, 07:16 PM)Handman Wrote: Announcement tomorrow probably.

Yay the season with top stories re-introducing the evil Master, introducing badass warrior woman Leela and introducing embarrassing levels of racism to the show Big Grin .

RE: Doctor Who - Zarius - 01-15-2020

(01-14-2020, 03:32 PM)TM2YC Wrote:
(01-13-2020, 07:16 PM)Handman Wrote: Announcement tomorrow probably.

introducing embarrassing levels of racism to the show Big Grin .

In short, bowlestrek's favourite season! Tongue

RE: Doctor Who - Handman - 01-19-2020

I think I might be bowing out from the rest of this season.  Let me know if they ever get a new editor/writer/companions.