• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Read BEFORE posting Trades & Request

ST - Star Trek

I definitely prefer a stand alone movie about SECTION 31 rather than a weekly series about the Dark Side of Trek.

As much as I have enjoyed DISCOVERY, the character of Georgiou is Disco writing at it's worst.
It is a sin too many tv shows commit.
Keeping a charismatic villain well beyond their completed arc, trying to domesticate them and make them part of the team.

They want the audience to forget that Georgiou is EVIL.
She is responsible for the murder of Billions.
She is Hitler on steroids.
Does Hitler deserve a redemption story?

But I get it. Michelle Yeoh is fantastic. And I am certain Paramount Plus wants to cash in on her Oscar win.

And it could be a great opportunity to tell a really intimate, complex and compelling character study.
I am mixed on it all... lol
I guess we will wait and see.

With PICARD now completed and with a few months to go til SNW, I thought I would share my rankings for the individual seasons of Paramount Plus Era of nuTrek....

From my Most Favourite to my Least Liked:

1. PICARD Season Three: A wonderful love letter to TNG and the Berman era. Loved every single moment of it.

2. STRANGE NEW WORLDS Season One: A bit too much humour for my tastes, but still the best first season of ANY Star Trek series since TOS.

3. DISCOVERY Season Four: For me, this is the season where the series finally becomes confident with what it wants to be and is the only season to stick to it's landing in it's season finale.

4. DISCOVERY Season Two: The addition of Captain Pike makes for a great fun season, even though the final episode is infuriatingly badly written.

5. PRODIGY Season One: It takes a few episodes for the storyline to gell but once it does it becomes a wonderful sequel to Voyager.

6. LOWER DECKS Seasons One - Three: The show I did not want but realized I desperately needed.

7. DISCOVERY Season Three: Once you get pass the illogic of The Burn (you can create Warp without Dilithium) it was an enjoyable watch.

8. PICARD Season One: A very dark Trek. Picard is an asshole to Raffi. The Borg PTSD arc falls flat. Seven is turned into a murderer. But damn, that goodbye with Data made me cry like a baby.

9. DISCOVERY Season One: A 2 hour opening with great promise and an okay two part final, but everything in between is a hot ugly mess.

10. PICARD Season Two: Worst written single season of any Star Trek. Ever.

What are your favourites or most disliked?

Last edited:
6. LOWER DECKS Seasons One - Three: The show I did not want but realized I desperately needed.
I love Lower Decks. It relies a bit too much on references, "This is just like that time when Kirk..." but it's gotten much better better with season 3. Even when the humor fails, or the characters get annoying, something about the show is just comforting to watch.

More coverage of the REGENERATION video, with more info about OTOY...

Auralnauts strike again: Star Trek TOS Main Theme but it never gets to the Main Theme

For people like me who like the same joke again and again 'til it stops being funny, then gets funny again. Some lovely easter eggs within the 9-minute loop.

I hadn't heard about this before (from 6-months ago):

102322_JRH_Mulgrew_0279-683x1024.jpg

It makes me happy in a way I can't quite explain to see a dream of a better future for mankind being treated like it's really going happen. A really nicely done artistic sculpt and plinth.

IMG-7495.jpg

Received this lovey hardcover this past week.

Published by IDW, this is the first authorized CONTINUATION of Berman Era in comic book form. Up to now, the Berman era IDW stories have been "in-between episodes" stories or alternate universe adventures.

Set in 2373, three years after the DS9 finale and before the NEMESIS movie of 2379.
It is the story of Sisko's returns from the Celestial Temple with a mission from the Prophets to save them (and the other God-like beings of the Trekverse) from an unknown enemy with the power to kill Gods.

Sisko, with the aid of Picard, receives his own (experimental) starship for the mission and assembles his crew of old and new faces, including Scotty, Data, Beverly and Worf.

The book collects the first six issues, which basically comprises the quest to identify the Godkiller.
And I liked it.
A lot.

As much as I loved the majority of the now defunct Trek Novelverse, the one character the editors and writers never seemed to know what to do with was Sisko. So much so, as soon as they brought him back, they essentially sidelined him.

But writers Kelly and Lanzing clearly "get" the character and give him a story that is worthy of him.

This is the first volume in IDW's planned Berman Era Cinematic-Style Universe, with the main flagship STAR TREK comic being joined by the expansion titles DEFIANT and DAY OF BLOOD. And based on this first entry, I really looking forward to reading them all.

Thumbs Up. :)

Reactions: Mnm
I've been keeping up with the flagship Star Trek series as well as Defiant. I also picked up Day of Blood last night but haven't had time to read it yet.

Really, almost everything IDW has put out has been great, from the TOS Year Four/Five series to the TNG Mirror Universe saga to the three DS9 miniseries.

By the Great Bird of the Galaxy, these VERY SHORT TREKS are absolutely AWFUL!!!!!! 🤮🤬

Yeah, I have not laughed once at either of them. Who wrote these?

Back
Top Bottom