• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Hobitit (Finnish version of the Hobbit 1993) need english subs

nOmArch

Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
IMDb page Here

I have managed to acquire a DVD with all nine episodes on it, unfortunately there are no English subs. There is a version on youtube with subs but the video quality is not brilliant.

I have messaged the guy and asked if it's possible to get a copy of the subs assuming there aren't hard coded but I thought I'd ask here as well in the meantime.

So if anyone knows where I might find em let me know.

thanks

Spiny Norman

Reaction score
Trophy Points
I'm currently typing over the hard coded subs into srt files for all episodes. But I could use some assistance. If you have some time to help, we can complete it quicker... It's technically very easy to do with free software.

nOmArch

Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Spiny Norman said:
I'm currently typing over the hard coded subs into srt files for all episodes. But I could use some assistance. If you have some time to help, we can complete it quicker... It's technically very easy to do with free software.

Oh well done you!

I don't have enough time for my own life and business let alone other projects at the mo.

Dunno if you're a member of CG or not but there's 5000 creds waiting there for you from me and you'll probably earn another 20000 from other members at least.

Keep us posted and let us know when you've finished it.

E2A: If anyone's interested in this version shoot me a PM.

white43

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Spiny Norman said:

I'll help if I can. I have loads of time. PM me!

ssj

Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
wish i had the time, since subtitling is right up my alley.

but i'm entering the busy season for work. between now and spring, i'm expecting to have very little free time :(

cool discovery, nom—senkyu. watching bits of it on youtube, and it's otherwordly enough for me to be drawn into that special D&D geek zone.

ssj

Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
also excellent: no fake british accents.

Spiny Norman

Reaction score
Trophy Points
nOmArch said:
Oh well done you!
Dunno if you're a member of CG or not but there's 5000 creds waiting there for you from me and you'll probably earn another 20000 from other members at least.

Keep us posted and let us know when you've finished it.

E2A: If anyone's interested in this version shoot me a PM.

Not that much, I'm more active at karagarga (hoping to get subtitles for some Italian stuff).

white43 said:
I'll help if I can. I have loads of time. PM me!

OK, I should've subscribed to the thread earlier!
I've already done all the typing and the timings for 1-3, but now my sound has gone (hardware & drivers OK but windows can't start the "windows audio" service). This doesn't make it any easier.
So I am going to PM you very soon!

(Don't suppose there's someone here who could help with subtitles for Italian and Dutch versions of Pride and Prejudice?)

ssj

Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
on episode 6. really enjoying it. the low production values don't bother me at all. love seeing another take on the story.

ssj

Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
no. just watching the already ULed youtube version. the subs are bit goofy in parts, but you can still follow what's going on.

ssj

Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
what's cool is catching little bits of finnish grammar/syntax. finnish is related to korean and japanese (don't ask me how), and the three languages, instead of having prepositions, have postpositions.

e.g., "mordor to" instead of "to mordor."

white43

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Nope - we're still working on them.

nOmArch

Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
white43 said:
Nope - we're still working on them.

Work faster.

:p

Kudos for doing it though guys, really looking forward to seeing it when they're done.

Spiny Norman

Reaction score
Trophy Points
nOmArch said:
Work faster.

:p

Kudos for doing it though guys, really looking forward to seeing it when they're done.
Subs for 1-6 are already on the interwebs, and there's the hard coded version on youtube.
But I'm hoping to have 7 ready soon, just 3 minutes left to do, and then it's just a matter of who does 8 first.

white43

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Well, Spiny Norman did most of the work, but we've completed the subs!

ssj

Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
sho aweshum.

Spiny Norman

Reaction score
Trophy Points
nOmArch said:
Actually, I've just been declared 'defective' there, so I wouldn't mind some of that after all! :)

Top Bottom