• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Article: FE<3OT

ThrowgnCpr

awol
Staff member
Reaction score
Trophy Points
I came to FE because of originaltrilogy.com. Lots of friends at both places. Hope to see both sites thrive and work together in the coming years. :)

F U LUCAS

reave

Staff member
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Exactly what you said.

Q2

Staff member
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Like Throw, I can here after stumbling on OT.com. I have no animosity towards them at all, and still frequent the site.

Sunarep

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
interesting to hear, in the handful of years I've been here I thought they were just two sites with similar premises but different focus, interesting that there was some kind of animosity and glad to see it is now gone :)

Frantic Canadian

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
I think I only visited OT from the odd post that linked to a SW related thread either here or on Preserv. Not surprised to hear that the two are connected though, seeing as how FE is practically a SW site itself with all the SW edits and talk going around.

Kal-El

Reaction score
Trophy Points
Same. Came here first, and visited OT for the occasional SW-related thread. Went there first when I got news of ANH:R :) Now I'm still there from time to time, keeping tabs on OT SE 97 and ESB:R :)

slark

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Yes, I too found my way to FE by way of OT, and have fond memories of the labors of folks like MOTH3R and DR. GONZO in preserving stuff like the LaserDisc "Definitive Collection", and the efforts to preserve such non-OT things as "Song of the South", "Howard the Duck" - and the "Superman II Restored International Cut". My idea to create a fanedit of "Doc Savage: The Man of Bronze" was something I originally proposed on an OT forum back in '06!

I guess I have been tangential enough to both scenes that I was unaware of any "bad blood" that existed between them, but I can certainly say that there is a synergy that can be gained through closer cooperation.

Great idea, reave, to redeem this day. I never quite got the "us vs. them" mindset: I may have been a Mets fan, but that didn't mean I had to HATE the Yankees!

reave

Staff member
Reaction score
Trophy Points
I guess I have been tangential enough to both scenes that I was unaware of any "bad blood" that existed between them, but I can certainly say that there is a synergy that can be gained through closer cooperation.

The second half of the important part. There is no bad blood, just a few bad seeds who have been weeded out over time. This is more of a declaration of solidarity than anything else.

TV's Frink

You Catch On Pretty Quick
Staff member
Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Awesome concept guys :)

Uncanny Antman

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
I never even knew there was a little faction of "us vs them" for a long time. Just like DC and Marvel or Star Wars and Star Trek, it never occurred to me that anyone would have to choose sides when we're all really just the same. I certainly don't think of myself as belonging to one or the other, and I'm glad the few that did feel that way strongly don't really seem to be active any more to carry that negativity forwards.

Eff-ee hart Oh-tee. :)

hebrides

Cover Artist
Reaction score
Trophy Points
If memory serves, and I think it does, it was on OT that I first found Rikter Blaksvn quite a few years ago, and it was through him that I got (via snail mail!) copies of the first fanedits I ever saw, MagnoliaFan's Balance of the Force and The Clone War. At the time, I was blown away by how much better those versions were than the originals.

A few years passed, and then I found myself thinking about the edits again. As a film fan in general and Indy fan in particular, I began wondering what other films could be saved through careful editing.

My interest led me here, where I lurked for a while before finally working up the courage to post in ID's fondly-remembered KOTCS: Decontaminated thread. Then jones1899 took up the challenge when ID had to step away from the edit, and the KOTCSJTF thread was born, where my edit-in-progress still resides.

Since coming here, I have learned and am learning a tremendous amount about the art and craft of editing, and I've made some truly great friends. And none of it could have happened without Rikter and OT :)

Omaru1982

Reaction score
Trophy Points
I never created an account for OT but I did frequent there a lot in the past, mostly due to fan films like Ryan vs Dorkman. My first visits to FE started with me finding Kill Bill: the whole bloody affair (I was looking for a japanese cut to replace my R2 DVDs) ended with me giving up because I didn;t understand how the download mechanic worked. And I've still linked to the occasional news over there from time to time, but I am for the most part, a ghost. While reading threads in recent months I've noticed familiar usernames from here. I never knew there was a FE vs OT rivalry. Also, whenever Adywan is spoken of here there is nothing but love and praise for his efforts, no hate displaced.

TMBTM

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
The OT site is awesome. Maybe some people are splitting hairs concerning every aspect of Star Wars, but well, I do this also (!) and there is no such other place on the net with that level of knowledge and dedication to Star Wars.
I think I first registered there when I worked on my first fanedit (the Silent versions of all Star Wars movies). User Ripplin was one of the first guy over there (and here) to welcome me and helped me a lot back then.
All support from the OT guyz was a real plus for me. Knowing there was interest in my project among SW fans pushed me to go forward and it ended in fanedits I am still proud of.

el_silloneb

Reaction score
Trophy Points
I have been visiting both sites for quite a while now but never have as much time to spend online as I would like, thankfully I never came across any of these so called "bad seeds" and have always found these two communities very complementary.

I'm all for a statement of solidarity as I always felt it was there anyway despite my unfortunately low level of participation.

Top Bottom