• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

In Time [2011]

elbarto1

Faneditor
Cover Artist
Reaction score
Trophy Points
interesting premise. although I'm not sure I want to see a whole movie w/ young 'pretty' faces. but olivia can stay ;)

Kal-El

Reaction score
Trophy Points
Interesting premise indeed. Also, wow! Johnny Galecki, Olivia Wilde, Cillian Murphy, Alex Pettyfer, Amanda Seyfried, and music by Paul Oakenfold?
Count me in :) I must say though, the thought of Justin Timberlake going off on Weise's daughter seems kind of wrong, even if she does look his age. Not to mention Vincent Kartheiser looks like a damn kid.

reave

Staff member
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Very interested in this. Another sci-fi with the potential to be pretty interesting or to suck choad.

Dwight Fry

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Frantic Canadian said:
Is it just me or does this remind anyone else of Repo Men?
It's way too obviously Logan's Run. (And so was Repo Men, for the record).

Plus, how can they try to sell us the idea of a movie in which no one looks over 25 as original? Every big budget Hollywood movie is like that!

Frantic Canadian

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Dwight Fry said:
It's way too obviously Logan's Run. (And so was Repo Men, for the record).

You're right. I completely forgot about Logan's Run, but that's probably because I haven't seen it in years and I've seen so much of Repo Men due to my edit.

revel911

Reaction score
Trophy Points
I like the premise, but I am baffled by the lack of technology. So in the future everyone drives retro cars?

elbarto1

Faneditor
Cover Artist
Reaction score
Trophy Points
perhaps alternate or not-too-distant future.
i like oddball "futures" like gattaca. its very retro, yet is set in the future.

tehwallaby

Reaction score
Trophy Points
Saw this with my girl last night. Was pleasantly surprised at how good it was. There were a couple of plot elements that never went anywhere but I still liked it, and for all the same reasons I love Gattaca.

elbarto1

Faneditor
Cover Artist
Reaction score
Trophy Points
eww eww eww eww eww, i dont have anything in my possession to get the putrid stink out that is "in time"
it is the new bar for what a shit movie will be compared against.
its terrible in every single way.
if i submitted it here it would be denied for glaring plot holes and nonsensery.
just fucking don't.

-5/10

njvc

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
this was so so so bad. tried to watch it last night and turned it off after 45 mins. The part where they skinny dip in the sea. And it is steaming. So obviously heated. so obviously crap. sigh.

elbarto1

Faneditor
Cover Artist
Reaction score
Trophy Points
worst sci-fi flop since surrogates. and by comparison surrogates was fucking citizen kane

Neglify

Reaction score
Trophy Points
elbarto1 said:
worst sci-fi flop since surrogates. and by comparison surrogates was fucking citizen kane

Wow. That statement says a whole lot. I actually kind of want to see In Time now. I love a good train wreck.

elbarto1

Faneditor
Cover Artist
Reaction score
Trophy Points
good luck to you sir. i'm hunting ebay for one of these:

Neglify

Reaction score
Trophy Points
elbarto1 said:
good luck to you sir. i'm hunting ebay for one of these:

This will do the trick:

SledgeHammer1.gif

elbarto1

Faneditor
Cover Artist
Reaction score
Trophy Points
yeah but i broke mine on my skull after "real steel"

Frantic Canadian

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Watched it this afternoon and I have to agree. Complete piece of crap. There is one thing that made me laugh though. There's a quote on the front cover, of the Canadian release anyways, saying that the film is "Daringly original. Thrilling". :lol: Apparently that person has never seen Logan's Run or even Repo Men. What's even funnier is that the quote is attributed to "Andrew Freund" on MySpace. :lol: You know a movie is bad if you have to get good review quotes from a guy on MySpace. :lol: I don't know what's a bigger sign that a movie sucks -- that they won't allow critics to see it prior to release, or that they have to go digging for good quotes on MySpace. :lol:

Neglify

Reaction score
Trophy Points
Frantic Canadian said:
What's even funnier is that the quote is attributed to "Andrew Freund" on MySpace. :lol: You know a movie is bad if you have to get good review quotes from a guy on MySpace. :lol: I don't know what's a bigger sign that a movie sucks -- that they won't allow critics to see it prior to release, or that they have to go digging for good quotes on MySpace. :lol:

:lol:Man, you gotta get a screencap of that.

Top Bottom