Fanedit Forums
forum banner submissions - Printable Version

+- Fanedit Forums (https://forums.fanedit.org)
+-- Forum: Fanedit.org Discussions (https://forums.fanedit.org/forumdisplay.php?fid=8)
+--- Forum: Site News (https://forums.fanedit.org/forumdisplay.php?fid=56)
+--- Thread: forum banner submissions (/showthread.php?tid=3371)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41

forum banner submissions - tranzor - 10-06-2010

another banner for one of my edits:
Tranzor:

[Image: ixcfuw.jpg]

forum banner submissions - Uncanny Antman - 10-06-2010

[Image: febannerbourne.jpg]

forum banner submissions - ThrowgnCpr - 10-06-2010

excellent work, once again antman!!! that bourne banner is sharp Smile

FYI, I updated the banner template. The guidelines and welcome screen placeholder have been updated to represent the current configuration. keep the banners coming!

ThrowgnCpr Wrote:excellent work, once again antman!!! that bourne banner is sharp Smile
Thanks Throw. Much appreciated. Smile

Quote:FYI, I updated the banner template. The guidelines and welcome screen placeholder have been updated to represent the current configuration. keep the banners coming!
Bugger. The Welcome screen got bigger than I thought. Will need to update several of the banners. Sad

yes, it got bigger, and also moved up a bit. I may need to update some of my initial banners as well.

Keep this in mind folks (welcome screen). A lot of you have some largish titles. Mollo, tranzor, I think your titles will be obscured. Keep your fanedit title smallish and towards the top for best viewing. And Father Merrin, you could use some titles!!!! Your banners look great, but there is no fanedit name to go along with them Wink

Here is one I threw together quickly this morning while updating the template:
[Image: FEbanner_DSS.jpg]

forum banner submissions - Q2 - 10-06-2010

There has been some talk among the admin, though nothing definitive, that the fanedit logo should be decreased in size a bit. If you want to play with that too you can.

Another change? Shiiiit!

Well, for now, here's some updates.

[Image: febannerterminator3.jpg]

[Image: febannervoypilot.jpg]

[Image: febanneranchorman.jpg]

[Image: febannerdarkangel.jpg]

[Image: febannerds9pilot.jpg]

[Image: febannerelmstreet7.jpg]

[Image: febannerfaceoff.jpg]

[Image: febannerhannibalized.jpg]

[Image: febannerhighlanderii.jpg]

[Image: febannerlastcrusade.jpg]

[Image: febannermarvel24.jpg]

[Image: febannerreddragon.jpg]

[Image: febannertngpilot.jpg]

[Image: febannertransformers.jpg]

forum banner submissions - Remixed by Jorge - 10-06-2010

thunderclap Wrote:There has been some talk among the admin, though nothing definitive, that the fanedit logo should be decreased in size a bit. If you want to play with that too you can.
I suggest using the rule of thirds. Split the banner into 3 equal parts using the WELCOME window as a guide. then you end up with a third for the logo on the left and a third in the middle for your point of interest. I think pretty much the logo should be the same size as the WELCOME window lenghtwise.
But before everyone goes out and starts changing the size, someone (i'm hoping it's throwncpr) should make a decision and update the template. otherwise there won't be consistancy or you might have to update your already-made banners... again.
Actually i think it's a good idea to halt production until the logo size and template are final.

killbillme Wrote:I suggest using the rule of thirds. Split the banner into 3 equal parts using the WELCOME window as a guide. then you end up with a third for the logo on the left and a third in the middle for your point of interest. I think pretty much the logo should be the same size as the WELCOME window lenghtwise.
But before everyone goes out and starts changing the size, someone (i'm hoping it's throwncpr) should make a decision and update the template. otherwise there won't be consistancy or you might have to update your already-made banners... again.
Actually i think it's a good idea to halt production until the logo size and template are final.

These are good points KBM. Rule of thirds is a good rule to go by for any imaging. Given that the welcome screen is not changing (please no bigger!!), it's roughly about a third.

I would be happy to create a new template - though it's up to the new admins/mods to decide. I'm willing to help with this where they want.

I also think its good to halt production until the word is final. I really don't feel like having to update my banners 10 times - especially since they aren't even in rotation currently.

forum banner submissions - Remixed by Jorge - 10-06-2010

Thanks Throwncpr. Also i was thinking, are there any controls for the WELCOME window? I mean as far as increasing the transparency of the black around it?
This morning the page was loading and for a brief moment the black around the window was gone. It was just the letters.
and I thought "holy cow, they did it!" and then the page finished loading and the black came in.
you'd be amaze how cool it looks with the black fully transparent.
Just a thought.