Fanedit Forums
forum banner submissions - Printable Version

+- Fanedit Forums (https://forums.fanedit.org)
+-- Forum: Fanedit.org Discussions (https://forums.fanedit.org/forumdisplay.php?fid=8)
+--- Forum: Site News (https://forums.fanedit.org/forumdisplay.php?fid=56)
+--- Thread: forum banner submissions (/showthread.php?tid=3371)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41

forum banner submissions - ThrowgnCpr - 09-28-2010

I think its great. subtle enough not to anger the logo gods, yet cool and it fits the image! all the banners look great. (I updated the first post, to replace your originals with the updated versions).

can't wait to see more banners. this is loads of fun!!

forum banner submissions - hebrides - 09-28-2010

killbillme Wrote:I thought it might have been a pixel aspect ratio issue. you know, square pixels vs rectangular pixels.

Might be, but (for a change!) I'm trying not to overthink it. :wink:

forum banner submissions - Frantic Canadian - 09-28-2010

killbillme Wrote:really? damn! must be my display.
how does this image look? because to me, this looks normal.
[Image: 831842raiderslostark.jpg]

When I compare it to this image the banner image does look stretched but on its own it looks fine. At least to me.

forum banner submissions - Frantic Canadian - 09-28-2010

thunderclap Wrote:To the right of"Reply with Quote" is a "+ icon. Click that for all the posts you want to include in your reply. Once done, click Reply With Quote in any of those messages. Now in your Quick Reply box you'll see all the quotes.

Thanks. I skipped a step and went didn't realize I had to hit reply with quote as well.

forum banner submissions - TMBTM - 09-28-2010

Uncanny Antman Wrote:Cheers Throw. I didn't wanna mutate the actual FE logo too much, but I hoped this would still be within acceptable limits. Smile

In fact I wanted the teeth of the shark (on my JAWS banner) to cover the logo a little but did not know if it was okay (?) so I kept the picture picture entirely on the background.

forum banner submissions - ThrowgnCpr - 09-28-2010

TMBTM Wrote:In fact I wanted the teeth of the shark (on my JAWS banner) to cover the logo a little but did not know if it was okay (?) so I kept the picture picture entirely on the background.

erm, aren't you an admin?? :doh:

forum banner submissions - reave - 09-28-2010

TMBTM Wrote:In fact I wanted the teeth of the shark (on my JAWS banner) to cover the logo a little but did not know if it was okay (?) so I kept the picture picture entirely on the background.

Slightly infringing on the FE logo is fine. I really don't want the smaller fanedit.org part covered at all though.

forum banner submissions - Uncanny Antman - 09-29-2010

[Image: febannerspace.jpg]

forum banner submissions - Remixed by Jorge - 09-29-2010

been thinking about the banner. some suggested to link the image to the fanedit it represents. sounds awesome.
but if it were not possible, because of limitations, another solution is to have an "about banners" button. put it maybe next to "quick links".
and it would take you to a page that would have all the banners with links.

The banners are awesome. please keep them coming.
I'm loving how some are modding the logo to go with the image. lets have catch on fire (terminator salvation), bulletholes (heat), electricity (spawn of frankenstein) make it x-ray (the inheritors), neon, blood splatters, teeth (i'm looking at you jaws) clawmarks (wolverine), mirror (you see the logo is made of mirror and we see the reflection of what the image sees) more textures, steel, ice, fire, rivets, rock, wood, water, crystal, stars. :blabla::blabla::blabla:

forum banner submissions - Q2 - 09-29-2010

killbillme Wrote:but if it were not possible, because of limitations, another solution is to have an "about banners" button. put it maybe next to "quick links".

This is one solution we've been discussing, but instead if you click on any of the banners it would take you to that page.