Fanedit Forums
forum banner submissions - Printable Version

+- Fanedit Forums (https://forums.fanedit.org)
+-- Forum: Fanedit.org Discussions (https://forums.fanedit.org/forumdisplay.php?fid=8)
+--- Forum: Site News (https://forums.fanedit.org/forumdisplay.php?fid=56)
+--- Thread: forum banner submissions (/showthread.php?tid=3371)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41

forum banner submissions - reave - 09-01-2011

I got 5 pm's regarding these, but I see no images.

As for the Superman banner, I can't approve it until the fanedit title is changed to the standard font/lettering. It looks nice like that, but we're trying to keep that area standardized.

On a side note, that may be the only image of Reeves Superman I've ever seen where he looks a little.... light in the loafers.

forum banner submissions - Q2 - 09-01-2011

Apparently no admin reads my posts. Smile

The attachments will not show up in your PM. They are, however, attached to the submission forum in the appropriate forum (admin forum). They are listed under the Submissions sub-forum.

forum banner submissions - STANKPAC - 09-01-2011

reave Wrote:As for the Superman banner, I can't approve it until the fanedit title is changed to the standard font/lettering. It looks nice like that, but we're trying to keep that area standardized.
Do you mean the font size or the actual font itself (e.g. Son of Jor-El)? If it is the latter then I would have to change all my banners to conform with that particular font style. :?

[Image: supermanbanner.jpg]

forum banner submissions - reave - 09-03-2011

I am still looking at these (stankpac), and at all banners, to gather a more detailed guide to approval of them.

I will also note that we have widened the site, and will be adjusting the size of the banners accordingly. Make new ones at your own risk for the moment.

forum banner submissions - Kal-El - 09-03-2011

STANKPAC Wrote:Do you mean the font size or the actual font itself (e.g. Son of Jor-El)? If it is the latter then I would have to change all my banners to conform with that particular font style. :?]
I think so. If you look at the banners fading in and out for a few minutes, you'll see that all title fonts are at the exact same location, and have the exact same font. I think, but that's just me, that you have to remove the superman logo (or place it elsewhere), and modify the font to fit with the rest. But like I said, that's just how I see it. That way, everything blends in nicely.

forum banner submissions - reave - 09-04-2011

Kal-El Wrote:I think so. If you look at the banners fading in and out for a few minutes, you'll see that all title fonts are at the exact same location, and have the exact same font. I think, but that's just me, that you have to remove the superman logo (or place it elsewhere), and modify the font to fit with the rest. But like I said, that's just how I see it. That way, everything blends in nicely.

Kal-El is right, and this is why I was reviewing all of the banners. I wanted to make sure that I didn't want to ease the rules on the fonts, since those do look nice, but I think I'm sticking to the standard font rule. If I didn't, I would have to make decisions on what falls within a set of hard to define boundaries, and would likely piss some off.

I know it's kind of limiting to only allow one font for the title, but it keeps the banner looking nice and uniform. SLIGHT straying from the font and font color is OK, but it should really blend from one banner to the next.

The point of these banners is two-fold. First, they help advertise the edits in question. Second, and more importantly, it is the first thing you see at the site and defines the image of the site. If the banners start to get cluttered with logos, images and wild fonts, I think it would just feel messy. While one banner (like yours) might look great on its own, when it is rolled over a few times with wildly differing layouts, it just starts to feel scattered.

So like Kal-el said, if you want the logo, maybe move it somewhere else. If you can correct those on the banners, I will approve them. They all look great, they just stray from the boundaries a little. You can view the threads for each submission for more detailed approval needs.

If you want to get a little more sexy with your art, there are plenty of fanedits that need actual covers Smile

That all said, I am more than willing to hear everyone's opinions on the matter, and will certainly consider other ideas.

forum banner submissions - STANKPAC - 09-05-2011

reave Wrote:I know it's kind of limiting to only allow one font for the title, but it keeps the banner looking nice and uniform. SLIGHT straying from the font and font color is OK, but it should really blend from one banner to the next.

Well the actual photoshop template gives you 2 font styles to use for the banner: Arial Black & Bank Gothic. If you notice on the banners the titles to a particular edit are for lack of a better term split in two (e.g. Superman: Son of Jor-El, etc.). All my banners happen to use the Bank Gothic font style, untouched and unchanged, for the secondary title, but my primary title uses a different font style to make it stand out. However, I have gone back on quite a few that I have re-submitted and reduced the font size to be less than or equal to that of the FANEDIT.ORG title which you have pointed out in the past when submitting banners. Now if I'm to assume this is still wrong and unacceptable, which of the 2 fonts should I use or should I say considered to be the standard font? If judging by the banners right now circulating at the top of this website, currently done by Jorge if memory serves me correctly, I believe it is Arial Black! ;-)

forum banner submissions - njvc - 01-12-2012

I seem to only see the same 6 or 7 banners on rotation all the time when I visit the site. Is that my computer, or are there really only about 7 that have been approved? I thought mine was pretty cool Smile but I guess hardly any have had the tick... What gives banner crew?

forum banner submissions - ThrowgnCpr - 01-12-2012

njvc Wrote:I seem to only see the same 6 or 7 banners on rotation all the time when I visit the site. Is that my computer, or are there really only about 7 that have been approved? I thought mine was pretty cool Smile but I guess hardly any have had the tick... What gives banner crew?

6 or 7 banners go in rotation for a time, then they are cycled out with 6 or 7 new banners. It believe it was too much to process to keep ALL banners in rotation ALL the time. Given that it was approved, your banner will make one of the rotation cycles. Give it time...

forum banner submissions - njvc - 01-12-2012

Ah ok, that makes sense. Mine was approved? I didn't know that. Thanks! I will await the day...patiently ;-)