Fanedit Forums
forum banner submissions - Printable Version

+- Fanedit Forums (https://forums.fanedit.org)
+-- Forum: Fanedit.org Discussions (https://forums.fanedit.org/forumdisplay.php?fid=8)
+--- Forum: Site News (https://forums.fanedit.org/forumdisplay.php?fid=56)
+--- Thread: forum banner submissions (/showthread.php?tid=3371)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41

forum banner submissions - STANKPAC - 11-03-2010

One of my favorite movies made by John Carpenter. Nice background image used for the banner!:-) Just need to put the title of it on the banner.

forum banner submissions - ThrowgnCpr - 11-03-2010

nOmArch Wrote:Found a new source so I completely redesigned it

[Image: bigtroublebanner2.jpg]

much improved! nice one nom

forum banner submissions - chramon - 11-03-2010

thanks guys Smile

forum banner submissions - reave - 11-03-2010

tranzor Wrote:That is quite possibly what he was talking about. and not the actual logo effects themselves. Will restore the box

UPDATE: here how is this one?
[Image: wv4s2q.jpg]

Yes, the box was missing. The main point of keeping that part the same from banner to banner is to keep a sense of cohesion in all the banners.

This version is better, but you're missing the background in the A and the D. You've also picked up some nasty jaggies in the letters of the logo.

Sorry to be so picky, but it's just nice when one banner fades nicely into the next one, keeping the logo as the common visual.

forum banner submissions - tranzor - 11-03-2010

nOmArch Wrote:Found a new source so I completely redesigned it-ish

[Image: bigtroublebanner.jpg]

[Image: bigtroublebanner2.jpg]

your new one is much, much better-nice work!

Thanks mate, nothing like finding a decent hi res image to start with... Smile

forum banner submissions - Rogue-theX - 11-03-2010

nOmArch Wrote:Thanks mate, nothing like finding a decent hi res image to start with... Smile

Damn strait!!!

Speaking of which...

[Image: starshiptroopersbanner2.jpg]

forum banner submissions - Remixed by Jorge - 11-03-2010

I really like how the banner image connects directly to it's fanedit.

But i am missing the page where we could see all the banners collected.
the reason is that we now have banners spread out over many pages in this thread and, since they appear to be a hit, we can count on many more. pages and banners.

so it would be good to have one place were we can see what has been done and what fanedits require banners.

and since there's a limited number of banners on rotation it would be an additional place of interest, where everyone's work can be seen and not solely on the masthead.
i would recommend also putting a link on the main site when you guys get around to it.

forum banner submissions - STANKPAC - 11-03-2010

I agree there should be a link on the main site, but for now if i remember correctly you can type "forum banners" in the search engine and the link pops up. Unfortunately, not all the banners made or in current circulation are uploaded on that main site's link! :-(