Fanedit Forums
forum banner submissions - Printable Version

+- Fanedit Forums (https://forums.fanedit.org)
+-- Forum: Fanedit.org Discussions (https://forums.fanedit.org/forumdisplay.php?fid=8)
+--- Forum: Site News (https://forums.fanedit.org/forumdisplay.php?fid=56)
+--- Thread: forum banner submissions (/showthread.php?tid=3371)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41

forum banner submissions - STANKPAC - 11-02-2010

reave Wrote:Slightly infringing on the FE logo is fine. I really don't want the smaller fanedit.org part covered at all though.
I believe the shoulder of Dennis Hopper's character in the Land of the Dead banner is covering the .org part of fanedit.org!:oops:

forum banner submissions - reave - 11-03-2010

nOmArch Wrote:[Image: bigtrouble.jpg]

Aside from the garish colors, that make my eyes bleed, I'm not really down with "fanedit.org" being in a black bar like that. Perhaps you could fade the background image out in that area?

forum banner submissions - reave - 11-03-2010

tranzor Wrote:let me know if I need to fix anything on this one:

[Image: 2a5dbnk.jpg]

It's fine, minus the fact that the logo has been altered too much. If you want to lower the opacity of the logo (slightly) to show what is behind it, that's fine, but I don't really want to see the logo altered this much.

Good choice with Emmett though Smile

forum banner submissions - Q2 - 11-03-2010

STANKPAC Wrote:I believe the shoulder of Dennis Hopper's character in the Land of the Dead banner is covering the .org part of fanedit.org!:oops:

Damn. We need a better way of naming these banners. I'm trying to find it now.

UPDATE: Found it and it has been removed. Good catch.

forum banner submissions - Q2 - 11-03-2010

zeppelinrox Wrote:Call me crazy, but why can't the welcome screen be moved?
It also takes up alot of space.
I think it would look better as a ribbon/bar along the top, under the banner.

You think it takes up a lot of space now? You should see the default version!

I'm pretty sure I've mentioned this before, but here it is again. I think some people are under the impression moving and resizing this box is as easy as dragging and dropping it to a new location, and then resizing it like you would a desktop window. It's not that easy. Where it's now positioned, and it's size, took me two days of tinkering with to get right. This is because there are multiple templates and codes that need to be changed. There is a border, the box, the transparency, the actual font size for the Welcome, So-and-So, the font size for the drop down Notification, Profile, Settings, and the added modification of New messages. ALL those are a separate element that needs to be changed individually using coordinates and coding.

It takes a lot of time, time I'm not willing to commit to as I have other things with this site I'm working with.

So, to put it to rest, the Welcome box is where it is and how it's going to stay.

forum banner submissions - TVs Frink - 11-03-2010

I mentioned this in the other thread, but I kind of like where the box is. It forces some creativity with the locating of the images.

forum banner submissions - tranzor - 11-03-2010

reave Wrote:It's fine, minus the fact that the logo has been altered too much. If you want to lower the opacity of the logo (slightly) to show what is behind it, that's fine, but I don't really want to see the logo altered this much.

Good choice with Emmett though Smile

Hmm really I just added a different color for the outer glow, but will tinker with it. Problem being is the color of the Muppets being used. Default wise the logo is too faded in with the image (muppets) color, so I wanted it to stand out more. Gimme a days--

I never heard anything back on my happy Valentines day edit logo. I am not sure if it was approved or not

forum banner submissions - ThrowgnCpr - 11-03-2010

tranzor Wrote:Hmm really I just added a different color for the outer glow, but will tinker with it. Problem being is the color of the Muppets being used. Default wise the logo is too faded in with the image (muppets) color, so I wanted it to stand out more. Gimme a days--

I think what he is referring to (correct me if I am wrong Reave) is that you completely removed the box surrounding the words FAN and EDIT.

forum banner submissions - tranzor - 11-03-2010

ThrowgnCpr Wrote:I think what he is referring to (correct me if I am wrong Reave) is that you completely removed the box surrounding the words FAN and EDIT.

That is quite possibly what he was talking about. and not the actual logo effects themselves. Will restore the box

UPDATE: here how is this one?
[Image: wv4s2q.jpg]

forum banner submissions - chramon - 11-03-2010

reave Wrote:Aside from the garish colors, that make my eyes bleed, I'm not really down with "fanedit.org" being in a black bar like that. Perhaps you could fade the background image out in that area?

Found a new source so I completely redesigned it-ish

[Image: bigtroublebanner.jpg]

[Image: bigtroublebanner2.jpg]