Fanedit Forums
forum banner submissions - Printable Version

+- Fanedit Forums (https://forums.fanedit.org)
+-- Forum: Fanedit.org Discussions (https://forums.fanedit.org/forumdisplay.php?fid=8)
+--- Forum: Site News (https://forums.fanedit.org/forumdisplay.php?fid=56)
+--- Thread: forum banner submissions (/showthread.php?tid=3371)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41

forum banner submissions - ThrowgnCpr - 10-21-2010

killbillme Wrote:i totally agree. and since recently starting to create banners, i realize its quite challenging not to put a key item in that space and to use the other spaces. a smaller logo would help.

I don't think a smaller logo is even necessary. I think FANEDIT needs to really be the message of the banner. The site, the concept, the activity. Designers need to start thinking about the banner not as a poster for their fanedit, but as an artwork medium (that just happens to involve their fanedits). I think the most subtle banners are working the best. My favorites so far are:

[Image: ua_febannerchase.jpg]

[Image: uncanny_febannerbourne.jpg]

[Image: BLUESKIES.jpg]

Each one has a point of focus, but it isn't necessarily unobstructed, and as a banner takes on a more abstract concept. Hell, the Blue Skies From Mars banner doesn't even have a title, and has the central art mostly obscured, BUT, it looks great and we immediately know what edit it is from because of it's uniqueness.

forum banner submissions - hebrides - 10-21-2010

I tried to take into account comments about the one focal point and expanded the focus a bit beyond the narrow bounds. Don't think I've seen one for this yet, and what this thread definitely needs is more Bruce Campbell:

[Image: 21l20cn.jpg]

ETA: Either my browser's going haywire, or somebody's experimenting with a REAL rotating banner! :-)

ETA2: Updated the original banner so that the blood is darker, as per Jorge's suggestion. I hope tinypic doesn't mess with the colors this time...

forum banner submissions - Remixed by Jorge - 10-21-2010

ok now you guys are killing it.

the auto changing banners is a neat idea, but man, slow down the changes! You can barely see what the banner/edit is before it changes again.

forum banner submissions - Q2 - 10-21-2010

ThrowgnCpr Wrote:the auto changing banners is a neat idea, but man, slow down the changes! You can barely see what the banner/edit is before it changes again.

I'm experimenting right now so you're seeing a work in progress. I really don't want to turn the forums off while I tweak so you'll just have to suffer. Smile

"less is more" has left the building.

thunderclap Wrote:I'm experimenting right now so you're seeing a work in progress. I really don't want to turn the forums off while I tweak so you'll just have to suffer. Smile
don't force me to call you the ADDmins.

lol. I like the concept ... just don't go too wild with it . and thanks for the heads up about the live-experimentation. We're happy to be your guinea pigs Big Grin

forum banner submissions - STANKPAC - 10-21-2010

Since this thread is picking up, I didn't want a few of them to get lost so I put them together:

[Image: 300banner.jpg]

[Image: avatarbanner.jpg]

[Image: darkcitybanner.jpg]

forum banner submissions - STANKPAC - 10-21-2010

[Image: batmanbeginsbanner.jpg]