• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Read BEFORE posting Trades & Request

Random movie thoughts

Makes sense, but boring. As a being of chaos, l ended up putting them as X2, AVP, and VVitch, thus X2 before X-Men, and so on and so forth.
Less boring, but harder to find later. With parenthood and the ever growing collection of kid books I lost my shelf space so I keep my discs in a few disc holder "books" and individual films are alphabetized in one but franchises are numerical/release-order instead in the other. Easiest way I could come up with for me to keep track and grab any given disc without thinking too hard.

samaritan-1.png

"Samaritan"?

"Spartan" or GTFOH.

Little bit of a rant here.

I am so tired of idiots bitching about "OHHH NOOOOOO I DONT WANT A CINE UNIVERSAEEEE FOR A BIG FRANCHISE" that I frankly want to punch them in the face.

Stuff like LOTR is already a connected universe, dumbass. How the hell can one be so ignorant for a franchise that you are supposedly a fan of?

Do you even know how cinematic universes work? They are different stories all set in the same universe. Star Trek can be considered a cinematic universe, various TV shows and movies all set in the same universe.

Also, people who go "muh lack of creativity" should honestly wake up and realize "original" stuff were always the exception, never the rule.

Hollywood's been filled with big franchises that constantly spewed out movie after movie for years, just look at Charlie Chan and Abbott/Costello.

/rant

I'm especially annoyed by the people who "have read all of Tolkien's books" but also object to a prequel because it's not an adaptation of his work.

Until now, it has been hard to get a good grasp on the Second Age since it's been covered in bits and pieces across The Lord of the Rings (appendices), The Silmarillion ("The Akallabeth" and "Of the Rings of Power", which is obviously where the show title came from), as well as parts of JRR's posthumously-published works edited by his son Christopher: Unfinished Tales (Part 2 is entirely about the Second Age), The Lost Road ("The Fall of Numenor" and "The Lost Road"), Sauron Defeated ("The Notion Club Papers" and "The Drowning of Anadune"), and The Peoples of Middle-Earth (bits and pieces, mostly just material that was cut from what eventually became the LOTR appendices).

A new book The Fall of Numenor collects these previously published works into a single book. (I think it contains them all, but I haven't actually purchased it so I can't verify it's 100% comprehensive.) It is published in the same style as The Children of Hurin, Beren and Luthien, and The Fall of Gondolin books telling stories of the First Age, although the cover looks more like The Nature of Middle-Earth (published last year) which is more similar to The Peoples of Middle-Earth and is written more like an encyclopedia than a narrative.

Last edited:
Could Replicant (2001) be interpreted as a prequel to Blade Runner, showing the first replicant? Does it contradict anything to say that the first replicant was more of a clone? I suppose Rachael is supposed to be the first one with borrowed memories, so maybe that's enough of a contradiction to discredit the interpretation...

Replicant is a good movie. Very underrated JCVD. Also, I saw in someone’s review that the reason why he did so many double roles, especially in that time frame of the late 90’s to early 00’s, is because he struggled with bipolar disorder.

Replicant is a good movie. Very underrated JCVD. Also, I saw in someone’s review that the reason why he did so many double roles, especially in that time frame of the late 90’s to early 00’s, is because he struggled with bipolar disorder.
Yeah, I just finished watching it and I thought it was great. I frankly think he's a bad actor (not his fault, English obviously isn't his first language), but in a role where he barely talks I've finally found him appealing. And yeah, I read through his Wikipedia page, he seems like a really interesting guy. While it mentions his bipolar disorder, it didn't mention that being the reasoning for his dual roles, but it does make sense.

Also, why does evil JCVD look like Tommy Wiseau? Also also, I wonder if evil Cooper from Twin Peaks s3 is in part inspired by this movie. Similar design (hair/outfit), plus the fact that they're both dual roles.

Recent tabloid news and the hilarious graphical reactions to it and the other recent twist ending edit made me think of a new ending for Titanic.

[ROSE AND JACK ARE IN THE OCEAN. ROSE FLOATS ON A DOOR WHILE JACK COMFORTS HER FROM THE WATER]

Jack: Everything is going to be okay. We’ll be together forever.

Rose: This is not how envisioned spending my 25th birthday.

[JACK STARES INCREDUOUSLY AT ROSE]

Jack (flatly): It’s your 25th birthday?

Rose: Yes, can you believe it?

[JACK LETS GO OF THE DOOR AND FLOATS TO THE BOITOM OF THE OCEAN]

Roll credits.

So part of David Zaslav's 10 year plan for DC is.....................................to let DC shows slip from their fingers to go on Netflix and announce a sequel to a crap Constantine adaption....

Why do people defend that idiot again?

DC has licensed shows out to other networks in the past (Gotham being the most recent). We know the team behind it, but have no idea exactly what the show intends so maybe he just didn't think it was a good fit for the money. He was brought in because AT&T saddled the company with massive debt and his job is to try and get rid of it as quick as possible. There's going to be casualties along the way with projects people were excited for or interested, but that's business. People don't have to like what he's doing to understand that he's just doing his job, not some guy on a vendetta.

Avatar is back in cinemas this week. I'm excited to see it on the big screen again and get hyped for the sequel. I must have seen it 3 or 4 times back in 2009 in 3D. I think I'll watch it in 2D this time.

So part of David Zaslav's 10 year plan for DC is.....................................to let DC shows slip from their fingers to go on Netflix and announce a sequel to a crap Constantine adaption....

Why do people defend that idiot again?
I've only heard of people complaining that people are defending him, not so much actually people defending him. Granted, I have seen some, so it's not a total strawman, but they're still by far the minority. From what I understand it's Snyderverse fans seeing this as revenge which is just bizarre. Anyway, the point is 90% of people agree his decisions are stupid.

Pulp Fiction is the Kirby Superstar of Tarantino movies, and no I won't elaborate.

Are you referring to quality or is it actually an anthology? I've never seen it.

Are you referring to quality or is it actually an anthology? I've never seen it.
Basically, it occurred to me that the movie is essentially three or so stories that could easily work standalone. Vincent and Jules, Vincent and Mia, then finally Butch. The stories are intertwined a bit, told out of order, and given their own chapters, so not your traditional anthology by any means, but it can be broken down as such.
This at least makes more sense than that time I tried to compare Hellraiser to Crash Bandicoot 2...

I suppose it could also apply to quality, both Pulp Fiction and Kirby Super Star are often regarded as the best I believe. And they're both bigger than what came before.

Apparently there was a queer slasher movie this year called They/Them, directed by the writer of Star Trek Nemesis and starring Kevin Bacon, and nobody told me.

This is probably common knowledge, but I had no idea. Apparently Commander Shran, the best character from Star Trek Enterprise, is played by Jeffrey Combs, AKA Herbert West?!
This immediately got me thinking about a hypothetical crossover comic. Re-Animator X, which essentially takes the basic setup of Jason X, except it's Herbert West and somehow the Andorians find his frozen body or whatever. No idea where it goes from there, still workshopping it.

This is probably common knowledge, but I had no idea. Apparently Commander Shran, the best character from Star Trek Enterprise, is played by Jeffrey Combs, AKA Herbert West?!
This immediately got me thinking about a hypothetical crossover comic. Re-Animator X, which essentially takes the basic setup of Jason X, except it's Herbert West and somehow the Andorians find his frozen body or whatever. No idea where it goes from there, still workshopping it.
Check out From Beyond, a lot of the same people as in Reanimator. And story-wise, you may have more options there. Jeffrey Combs plays a guy who, for lack of a better and less spoilery way to say it, takes on a new form at some point in the plot.

Back
Top Bottom