• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Read BEFORE posting Trades & Request

Random movie thoughts

There are others (that was just a new one that occurred to me) like Clara falling into the ravine. So she originally fell into the ravine because Doc wasn't there to save her. Then she didn't fall into the ravine because Doc presumably picked her up from the station as requested by the town Mayor. Then (because he was now busy talking to Marty and forgot) she almost fell in again, until he saved her because he just happened to be within ear shot. That part has always seemed pretty sketchy.

I do love BttF3 though but I also love thinking these things out.

No, the real plot hole of the movie is why Doc (or Marty, for that matter), even need to run an experiment to know that no, no horse, or team of horses, can reach anywhere near 90 MPH. :p

Apart from it being a good way to demonstrate for the audience that that possibility has been eliminated (in a more fun way that than just saying it) it also seems like a scientific thing for Doc to do to establish exactly how fast he could go with horses, so he's got that data to factor into other possible horse based solutions he might have been considering.

(Or why Doc doesn't simply pay Griff off.)

It's fair to assume that "mad dog" is easily irrational enough to kill Doc anyway and that Doc has provoked Griff's anger far beyond that point by the time Marty arrives to tell Doc what will happen because Griff is angry.

Last edited:
If a car was going to be sitting that long, Doc would have been sure to drain it off all fluids, including gasoline which goes bad in three years. They could have easily taken the fuel line, but the lack of gas would still have been an issue.

If a car was going to be sitting that long, Doc would have been sure to drain it off all fluids, including gasoline which goes bad in three years. They could have easily taken the fuel line, but the lack of gas would still have been an issue.

He'd surely keep the useful gasoline though, so let's imagine Doc used it to fuel his giant refrigerator and keep himself in ice-teas for the 8-months he was living in 1885 before Marty got there.

What I heard, and I think it was Robert Zemeckis that said it, was that he just didn’t think of it. I think it was in a BttF documentary, he said “Well I just didn’t think about that, so we will just say that Doc didn’t think of that either.” Or something along those lines.

You don't know what horses were capable of back then. They ate better diets. If I were a horse I'd resent being dismissed like that.

I notice the 1954 Peter Cushing BBC version of 1984 is being released on blu-ray for the first time by the BFI:

The Amazon description sounds pretty cool except... wait what?!?!:

"Experience Orwell’s haunting vision of a world dictated by tranny"

:eek:

^^ clearly an unfortunate typo. What a typo though! I assume "tyranny" was the intent.

wew9vxmwlvn71.jpg

After many years of rewatching the movie, I only just released that Peggy's mum in 'Once Upon a Time in America' is George's mum in Seinfeld:

51921298233_e8e78f15c3_b.jpg

shutterstock_editorial_5885737z.jpg

The two characters are quite similar. I'm going to now pretend they are part of the same family.

The French "Konbini" youtube channel is well worth a sub. Because although it's mostly interesting looking videos in French with (frustratingly) no English subtitles, it occasionally does feature an English language director hanging out in a videostore chatting about their favourite movies. The latest is Michael Bay:

or

Last edited:
If Marty faded away due to his meddling, then he would have never existed to be able to go back and meddle with time in the first place. Alternatively, wouldn't him meddling simply create an alternate timeline as seen in the second movie, and thus not put him in any danger because this would only affect this new timeline's Marty?
l suppose these are the kinds of things addressed in the Bootstrap edition fanedit. Man that edit really improves these movies imo.

If Marty faded away due to his meddling, then he would have never existed to be able to go back and meddle with time in the first place. Alternatively, wouldn't him meddling simply create an alternate timeline as seen in the second movie, and thus not put him in any danger because this would only affect this new timeline's Marty?
l suppose these are the kinds of things addressed in the Bootstrap edition fanedit. Man that edit really improves these movies imo.
Do the makers of BttF pronounce GIF GIF or GIF?

The hellraiser 3-8 dvd set baffles me. First off, no subtitles. Second, they're all widescreen except for some reason 3 is pan n scan. Third it's spread across 3 discs which should mean two movies per disc, except that no, the fifth movie gets its own disc while 6-8 are crammed into one. Also l'm mad that there's no bluray set of all the movies.

If your movie doesn't have subtitles, don't claim that it does on the box. I'm looking at you, Albert Pyun.

Honestly, the more I think of it, the more I'm convinced Wes Craven made Scream as a FU to pretentious critics and movie studios.

For years, his films got mucked up with studios (Deadly Friend) and/or got torn apart by stuck-up critics for "being dumb" and "not clever".

As such, he was so burned out that he just went "You want your own dumb brain-dead horror film that caters to the lowest denominator? Well here ya go!" and purposefully made Scream as idiotic, pretentious/know-it-all and poorly written ("The Exorcist reminded me we never did the nasty) as he could.

I mean, seriously. Going all like "OMG, THE FINAL GIRL ISN'T A VIRGIN" when Alice in NOES 4/5, Sarah Connor in Terminator, and Alice in the original F13 all exist?

And then it became a smash hit with "smart fans" and critics and inadvertently messed up horror as a genre by unleashing a torrent of terrible "meta" films. I'm still spilt on whether it was genius or petty.

Alphebetizing my shit, a few ponderings crossed my mind.
In a system where numbers come before letters, what do you do about X2? Put it before X-Men? Or do you break the order for the sake of the series order?
Should Da Ali G Show go under D or A? Should it be treated the same as 'the' or be treated as part of the title proper?
AVP has its abbreviation at the front of the title, should that be treated as part of the title or just a quirky design choice? In other words, should it come before or after Ali G?
Does The VVitch go under V or W?
Where do you place double features/ collections?

For all of these l tried not to overthink it and just went with the first thing that came to mind, but l'm curious what others would do.

Also apparently l bought 86 movies in the past two months. That's counting collections as one movie each, so the real number is probably 100+. There's also a few shows mixed in. For all intents and purposes though, 86 movies. Actually, there's a few l forgot to put away, so 90 rather. I need to stop lmao

My sort titles in Plex for those movies are "X-Men 2" and "Alien vs Predator" and "Witch"

My sort titles in Plex for those movies are "X-Men 2" and "Alien vs Predator" and "Witch"
Makes sense, but boring. As a being of chaos, l ended up putting them as X2, AVP, and VVitch, thus X2 before X-Men, and so on and so forth.

Back
Top Bottom