• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

random thoughts. rants. general nonsense.

Ripplin

Reaction score
Trophy Points
tumblr_las47oALHP1qclod3o1_250.gif

Another reason to love Megaupload. And Dr. Cox.

TV's Frink

You Catch On Pretty Quick
Staff member
Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Hey, you stole that from me! Of course, I stole it from The Shizz, so perhaps I stole it from you.

Ripplin

Reaction score
Trophy Points
Ok, I got it to download one more 200 MB chunk by shutting down JDownloader, restarting it, then right click-->resuming the file. Now it's making me wait around 55 minutes for the next download and I just BET that when the time is up, it's gonna do nothing other than saying 'please stop flooding our servers' and keep trying again and again for no reason. :p

Since we rely so heavily on JDownloader here, I'm hoping this and other RS issues will convince more people to give MU a try instead. (where, as a free user, I download at 900+ kb/s consistently and only have to wait 45 seconds between downloads) If it's gonna be like this for all free users from now on, people may just not bother getting anything if RS is the only option, and that could hurt the scene. (less ratings/reviews, etc...) I'd even be willing to donate to FE and/or Preserv to help in transferring stuff to MU.

Am I being paranoid? ;)

zeppelinrox

Reaction score
Trophy Points
Yeah I GODDAMMITSOMUCHed about the 1 hour wait between files a couple of days ago.
In the time since, I too have experienced the BS flooding of the servers error.
JD would go down the list, get the error for each file, and then stop at the end and not retry anything at all.

Happily, JD updated yesterday and it now recognizes the flooding error and waits to retry the same file instead of quickly trying all the files in the queue and then stopping at the end.

Basically, it now behaves the same way with the flooding message as it does with the "no more free slots available" message.

Ripplin

Reaction score
Trophy Points
Yeah, mine has been working a bit better tonight. Still have to wait nearly an hour between files, but it's better than nothing. I was starting to think it would take weeks just to get this old Star Wars Rarities disc...and there are two more after it! Haha.

I'm glad the JD people are on top of this stuff, circumventing annoyances and such as best as they can. :)

zeppelinrox

Reaction score
Trophy Points
Me too.. I'm gettin Evil Dead Treasure Collection DVDs.. 16 gb... it will be done before Halloween... 2011

Actually, maybe I should up it to multiupload it when it's done and exclude RS as a destination.
The less traffic they get, the better.

Ripplin

Reaction score
Trophy Points
...because it won't be done before Halloween 2010. ;)

Rogue-theX

Faneditor
Cover Artist
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Jdownloader has put out another update to remedy this, it should work okay now. Hopefully.

Ripplin

Reaction score
Trophy Points
Yep, the wait time is still there, but it downloaded steadily overnight and continues to. I just hope RS doesn't turn this into some sort of functionality war. Heh.

Rogue-theX

Faneditor
Cover Artist
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Ripplin said:
Yep, the wait time is still there, but it downloaded steadily overnight and continues to. I just hope RS doesn't turn this into some sort of functionality war. Heh.

Here's for hoping : )
But i betcha they will continue to be deuche bags.

Ripplin

Reaction score
Trophy Points
Regarding the wait time between RS downloads, that has changed too, obviously, and I know what it is now from looking around the JD forums. Basically, it doubled. If it was a 15 minute wait for a 100MB file before, it's 30 now. 200MB takes 60 min. Not fun, but i'm glad they got that 'flooding' issue fixed so quickly. They're really on top of things, which is great. :)

If I have to find a positive in what is another crazy change by RS, I will say that my download speed is faste, even during peak hours. That helps alleviate the wait, in a way. If it was slow and I had to wait an hour, wow...

zeppelinrox

Reaction score
Trophy Points
yeah that's a small blessing that the rs download speed is faster than when the wait was shorter.
Not sure if works out the same as before, but at the moment, now that jd is working smoothly again, these 200mb files are taking roughly between 70 and 90 minutes per file, including wait time.

elbarto1

Faneditor
Cover Artist
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Netflix on PS3 is fucking kick ass now.
when it launched (w/ necessary disc) features were very limited - now its a powerhouse.

Havent tried it on 360 to see if the same new upgrades exist there as well.

Rogue-theX

Faneditor
Cover Artist
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Maxwell house is not as good as folgers.

TV's Frink

Staff member
Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
^I'm totally stealing that for my ot.com twitter feed.

TV's Frink

Staff member
Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Neither do I but I'm gonna say it's top 5.

Rogue-theX

Faneditor
Cover Artist
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Awww yeah!!! a christmas carol is on CTV!!!, yes the one with alastair in it.

Top Bottom