• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

random thoughts. rants. general nonsense.

suspiciouscoffee

Reaction score
Trophy Points
Duragizer said:
suspiciouscoffee said:
Duragizer said:
Methinks the schools should teach the kiddies to understand early modern English at an early age. It'd make it far easier to understand (and thus appreciate) Shakespeare when it comes time to read his works.

Methinks they should start by teaching it at all.  At least at my school, they never taught it at all.  We were just thrown in to Shakespeare without any knowledge of it at all.

That's what I meant to say. Guess I failed to make that clear.

Nah, it's probably on me.  Funny, I'm a communications major at the university I attend, and I'm bad at understanding very basic things being communicated to me.

addiesin

Reaction score
Trophy Points
If they did that maybe people wouldn't refer to it as "Shakespeare talk" and "Ye Oldie* English" 

(*phonetic spelling of pronunciation)

TM2YC

Take Me To Your Cinema
Staff member
Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Listening to R.E.M.'s 'At My Most Beautiful' again, I wish more bands would unashamedly copy another band's sound for one record. When are Brian Wilson/The Beach Boys going to write a song this good again:

Also Jeff Lynne's general policy of "I love the Beatles so here is an awesome new Beatles song" is appreciated:

Jrzag42

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Happy Spirit Journey Formation Anniversary!

suspiciouscoffee

Reaction score
Trophy Points
Finally have a workable idea for a webcomic strip.  Won't be able to start it for a while, but I think I know what I'm gonna do now.  So, yay me!

Duragizer

Reaction score
Trophy Points
So I discovered that YouTube comment history is a thing, and I just spent the last couple hours reading my way backward through time to 2008. Have to say, it was a dark rabbit hole to fall through. My earliest posts are full of hateful and, frankly, deranged ranting, and I'm not proud of any of it.

I did come across this post, though, which I find amusing in its absurdity:

I killed Marilyn Monroe.

She was dumb. She was blonde.

She was a dumb blonde.

She had it coming.

Sinbad

Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Was just reading up on one of this year's Oscar contenders ''Green Book' and thinking who's directed that then?  the guy who made 'Moonlight' probably.

PETER FARRELLY!!!   Didn't see that one coming, I would lovelto see a retrospective of his work on some pompous film analysis show in ten years time if he becomes the next big thing.

wilhelm scream

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
The director behind the recent Kevin Spacey video recently uploaded a video detailing how it was made: 

TM2YC

Take Me To Your Cinema
Staff member
Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Brilliant dead pan.

Top Bottom