• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Misfits

Ghostcut

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Three words: Filthy and hilarious. Second episode didn't really go anywhere but it was worth it just for the incredibly funny sex scene. I think there's potential in this for a TV-to-film edit.

white43

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Ghostcut said:
Three words: Filthy and hilarious. Second episode didn't really go anywhere but it was worth it just for the incredibly funny sex scene. I think there's potential in this for a TV-to-film edit.

I've seen this advertised - but it felt like another BBC-series-for-the-kids.

Might give it a go.

Relentless666

Reaction score
Trophy Points
I love the show. It's like "True Blood", only instead of vampires and rednecks, you get superheroes and chavs. :D

nOmArch

Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
'I wanna rip off your clothes and piss on your tits!'

yes, this definitely has potential :smile:

white43

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Just watched the first two episodes - it's quite good. The Irish kid is a bit annoying, but it's fairly dark funny. His sex scene is hilarious, if not a little predictable.

Paindrain

Reaction score
Trophy Points
heh, honestly I don't see any clear connects between this and True Blood, other than I love both more and more as eps go on. I tend to watch any new show that might be of interest, 1 of my torrent sites freeleeches them, so even more incentive.

The annoying Irish Kid also had a large supporting part in "Foreign Exchange" which I came across a years or so ago as I looked through past tv series for stuff I might like. He is an annoying type character, his voice alone does this, but his role in this show plays on it and supports the attitude carried by him.

This has been a great show, it's starting to branch out (ep5 as time reference), so now is the period it can jump the shark or stay on, we shall see. As a great addition, there really isn't a main character that is quote, unquote "HOT" Its left to reality type people, a great positive! I do admittedly tend to continue to watch shows with sexy females. This isn't the case here, this show inflicts life (as opposed to "reality") with a mix of superhero and non intentional villian.

It may not be the "sexy" show that most tv shows now produce, but I found myself loving characters that aren't "typically" sexy, aka Cancer girl (i suck at names), her attitude and how she carries herself, well... yeah, Its a great show imo, so far.

white43

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
I personally think that last nights episode (5, I think) was the best there's been so far.

Also, can't really draw parallels with True Blood.

Relentless666

Reaction score
Trophy Points
I guess. It's just the sex, violence, humor and funny accents that give me the same vibe as True Blood. Plus the fact both take silly ideas (superheroes/vampires) and spin it around.

To stay on topic, the last episode was awesome. That's the TV I love to watch.

nOmArch

Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Yay!!! new series starts in two days assuming you haven't already leached the first episode from itunes.

nOmArch

Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Watched it last night, fantastic episode. Lots of great humour and some rather embarrassing situations to be dealt with, all in all a strong start to series 2.

white43

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Damn. I missed it. Better get the Sky+ going.

zeppelinrox

Reaction score
Trophy Points
nOmArch said:
'I wanna rip off your clothes and piss on your tits!'

yes, this definitely has potential :smile:
You had me at "tits"
I will have tor rent them.

Ghostcut

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Watched the first episode on YouTube, they haven't lost it. It feels as fresh and tense as the first series. I'm going to watch episode 2 later.

white43

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Dexter Fletcher is still Spike from Press Gang. To see him as a long haired, greying Dad is just too damn weird man.

The episode itself was excellent. Misfits, along with Being Human is simply some of the best writing I've seen on British TV. On the one hand, it can be funny as hell, in the next second, it's gets really dark in tone.

nOmArch

Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Nice to see a bit of Lou Reed slipping into the soundtrack this week.

On a side note, I know I'm a bit late to the party on this one but Alisha is absolutely goddamn, prime time, 100% crazy gorgeous.

white43

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Going a bit The Dark Knight isn't it???? I think it's really, really strong. Plus, not sure I've ever seen oral sex performed in a TV series.

nOmArch

Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Lol yeah just a tad but with the usual misfits twist :)

Top Bottom