• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Notable Cover Songs

QuickestEditInTheWest

Reaction score
Trophy Points
Bands / Artists performing other people's music!

Couldn't find a thread for this so thought I'd start one (apologies in advance if I haven't searched hard enough :( ). Both awesome and shockingly bad cover versions welcome!  :p

Jrzag42

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points

I completely forgot one of my favorite covers.

macmilln

Reaction score
Trophy Points
Maybe I'm 6 days late (or 360 days early) for this, but I've always thought that The Drifters version of White Christmas (from the Home Alone soundtrack) was infinitely better than the original.

addiesin

Reaction score
Trophy Points
I haven't been keeping up with them but this duo Pomplamoose does a bunch of covers and sometimes has really neat videos to go along with them. I believe they also do original songs but I really like good covers that aren't afraid to change the sound.

Separately I just got this recommended to me the other day and actually really enjoyed it, another duo, can't say I know much about the channel as a whole though (The video time says it's like seven minutes, but it's actually about 3 and a half, and then they just talk to the camera for the rest of the runtime for some reason).

Last, after the new Wonder Woman trailer came out, Blue Monday was in my head and I went looking for more covers. Found this one and love it, very different.

QuickestEditInTheWest

Reaction score
Trophy Points
addiesin said:
I haven't been keeping up with them but this duo Pomplamoose does a bunch of covers and sometimes has really neat videos to go along with them. I believe they also do original songs but I really like good covers that aren't afraid to change the sound.

Last, after the new Wonder Woman trailer came out, Blue Monday was in my head and I went looking for more covers. Found this one and love it, very different.

These two specifically are pretty incredible! The production and rehearsal for that Pharell mashup video must've been nuts.

Gaith

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Prepare to have "Someone You Loved" ruined for you, forever:

:p

ArtisDead

Banned
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Definitely, these

1. Nirvana's cover of Man Who Sold The World.
2. Jimi Hendrix's cover of All Along The Watchtower
3. Eric Clapton's cover of Knocking on Heaven's Door
4. Johnny Cash's cover of Hurt.
5. Nirvana's cover of Jesus Doesn't Want Me For A Sunbeam
6. Jeff Buckley's cover of Hallelujah
7. Pearl Jam's cover of Last Kiss

Honorable mention

Led Zeppelin's cover of every song they performed.

ArtisDead

Banned
Reaction score
Trophy Points
I was being facetious. They were/are one of my all time favorite bands. They have been accused repeatedly of stealing the bulk of a number of blues songs to create their alledged originals. It came to a climax when they were accused of stealing a song by Spirit to create the entire Stairway to Heaven composition up to the last verse and the climax, which was undisputed as Page at his best. Still love it, though.

Perhaps they were the first band to fanedit songs?

Last edited:
Top Bottom