• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

SPACE COMMAND

bionicbob

Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
http://spacecommandmovie.com

This is a project that has been in the works for YEARS!

Created by Marc Scott Zicree, who boldly calls himself Mr. Sci-fi.  
Zicree has a long history of writing for television -- TNG, DS9, B5, Beauty & The Beast, He-Man, Real Ghostbusters and much, much more.

I think he first started promoting (when you watch his vids, he has real Huckster quality) and crowd funding the is project way back in 2012.  I think the original pilot was shot within in a year of that... so almost 5-6 years he has been constantly polishing and trying to sell this project as a continuing series to networks and, now, streaming services.  I believe he has about 2-3 worth of episodes material in the can, all in various stages of development.

In the last year or so, he has released a couple different versions of the pilot.  I must be honest, when I watched the very first rough cut more than a year ago, I thought it was a disastrous mess.

Two weeks ago, the latest version of the pilot was released and it is tremendously improved.  Better editing.  Better music.  Significantly better special effects.  It still plays very low budget... similar how B5 felt compared to other similar shows on at the same time... but I can now see the potential in the concept.  

It is an old school science fiction show with many well worn tropes, filled with many familiar faces...

:D

TomH1138

Reaction score
Trophy Points
I met Marc at Dragon Con many years ago, and saw him frequently during the year I lived in L.A. His passion for his projects knows no bounds. Hope he manages to get this fully off the ground someday!

bionicbob

Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Zicree talks about the planned season one storyline....

Sounds all very, very ambitious.  Though I keep thinking, if this is picked up by a Studio, would it all have to be recast or reshot?

In this vid, Zicree talks about how he came up with the idea of Space Command....

Top Bottom