• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Read BEFORE posting Trades & Request

Batman & Robin De-Assified:

MCP

Reaction score
Trophy Points
Batman & Robin De-Assified:

First off, a big hand to Motley for helping me track down this edit after a fruitless decade long search.

Now, on to the edit, one of the first real FE.org legends

Has it aged well? I think by modern fan or pro editing standards I'd say no, there are too many cross fades and moments where the music and audio cues fail to synchronise (particularly at the end), the narrative works well though, hitting on all of the vital story beats so it doesn't feel like a lot is missing other than Alfred's subplot (a shame, as I feel it is the emotional crux of the original movie and gives Bruce a dog in the race to paralel Freeze's struggles with Nora) everyone feels more in control. I'd point out what I'd keep and cut, but you need only look at my own Batman and Robin edit to see how I did (shameless self promotion)

As a condensed action/adventure piece, it is a decent highlight reel of the movie, but could have been so much more if they'd kept Alfred's plot in. Overall, despite it's flaws, I'd still recommend it if you're looking to hone your skills and want to view an early example of how things used to be done compared to now, and what was acceptable for FE.org back then

https://ifdb.fanedit.org/batman-and-robin-de-assified/discussions/10410/

Back
Top Bottom