• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Read BEFORE posting Trades & Request

Vegas dark levels rendering issues

wilhelm scream

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
It looks like the contrast is higher. Maybe a little saturation too? Either way it doesn’t look terrible, or that noticable either. But it’s weird if you didn’t add an effect. Maybe you added it accidentally somehow? I dunno.

I don’t have Vegas, but we could perhaps help if you shared your export settings?

Masirimso17 said:
It looks like the contrast is higher. Maybe a little saturation too? Either way it doesn’t look terrible, or that noticable either. But it’s weird if you didn’t add an effect. Maybe you added it accidentally somehow? I dunno.

I don’t have Vegas, but we could perhaps help if you shared your export settings?

Sure:

-https://drive.google.com/open?id=1toQHuqmoHb_a8vO_N_0J-iDg_toXnpvi

-https://drive.google.com/open?id=19qCHLgdOV3M0Zet5rPdhXFt6Sx-uAuPd

I would expect it's to do with colourspace. I think Vegas only works in RGB, so if your source is YUV, it will look slightly different. 

Not related to the colour, but I've noticed from one of your pictures that your project is at 25fps interlaced, whereas bluray is typically 23.976 progressive. So I would encourage you to make absolutely sure that all your project and render settings match your source file. This is vital to your render coming out right.

The Scribbling Man said:
I would expect it's to do with colourspace. I think Vegas only works in RGB, so if your source is YUV, it will look slightly different. 

Not related to the colour, but I've noticed from one of your pictures that your project is at 25fps interlaced, whereas bluray is typically 23.976 progressive. So I would encourage you to make absolutely sure that all your project and render settings match your source file. This is vital to your render coming out right.

I had to convert the video files before I could edit them, so the framerate is not an issue.

wilhelm scream said:
I had to convert the video files before I could edit them, so the framerate is not an issue.

If the frame rate was converted to 25fps it is an issue.

DigModiFicaTion said:
wilhelm scream said:

If the frame rate was converted to 25fps it is an issue.

I'll convert one of the files in 23fps (since I haven't converted all the files I need yet), and see if the problem's fixed.

See Scrib's post again. It's probably the YUV RGB issue that he pointed out. I've had the same issues in the past.

DigModiFicaTion said:
See Scrib's post again. It's probably the YUV RGB issue that he pointed out. I've had the same issues in the past.

Is there any way to fix it?

it's the color levels thing that Vegas does.
you have to apply a video effect to the timeline (Sony Levels or Vegas Levels) then use compy RGB to studio RGB.
there are a bunch of videos about this on youtube which is exactly where i had to turn when i ran into a similar problem years ago.
and here's one of them for the sake of convenience.

give that a try then fix your frame rate stuff.

baileym43 said:
you have to apply a video effect to the timeline (Sony Levels or Vegas Levels) then use compy RGB to studio RGB.
there are a bunch of videos about this on youtube which is exactly where i had to turn when i ran into a similar problem years ago.

Thank you! I will try it after I finish the editing of the rough cuts of the episodes.

wilhelm scream said:
baileym43 said:

Thank you! I will try it after I finish the editing of the rough cuts of the episodes.

OK. It works!

Back
Top Bottom