• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

OT.com Updates (no forum drama allowed)

SilverWook

Reaction score
Trophy Points
dahmage said:
ChainsawAsh said:
SilverWook and Anchorhead. It's also funded through member donations now.

Also, oojason appears to be performing moderator functions again, though I don't recall if it was ever formally announced that he'd be returning as a mod.

he does seem to, it wasn't announced, and despite what he has said, he never lost the rights of mod as is proved by his sig avatar.  just messy in my opinion.

Jason was deactivated as a mod in August. His schedule permitted a return as our "night watchman" this year, and we were happy to have him back. He's been a mod again since the beginning of February.

Contrary to popular belief, Anchorhead and I have lives, (and I've been ill to boot) and we simply forgot to make a big deal about it. There were no complaints AFAIK.

Possessed

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Whether his powers were deactivated or not he never really stopped acting like a mod anyway.  Not that it matters.  Also we've been referred to as trolls by a mod there since being banned, so I'd say Frinks notion  (not that you were actually srs about it) is not gonna happen. 

Also,  hey silverwook! Still sexy as ever i see. I.e. very.

TV's Frink

You Catch On Pretty Quick
Staff member
Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
SilverWook said:
I also have no idea what that discord server Warb linked to is. It doesn't seem to have any channels or the link simply isn't working for me. There was a one post wonder several months ago who posted a link to an unofficial and unsanctioned OT discord, for reasons which remain murky, if not suspicious.

Jay made an official ot.com discord.  He posted the link publicly on ot.com.  I joined it so I could message him.  He banned me from it.

TV's Frink

Staff member
Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
SilverWook said:
For the sake of clarity, neither I nor any of the mods "own" the site. It still belongs to Jay, who provides technical and server support. We're just manning the ship for the foreseeable future, as long as enough server donations come in to keep the lights on. I don't know where the idea we own OT got started.

With my full confidence and support, SilverWook and Anchorhead will be assuming control of all site content and day-to-day operations: setting rules, assigning mods, moderation, banning, everything. They’ll also manage the Discord server and Twitter account.

My role here will be reduced to one of technical support and server management. I won’t moderate discussions and won’t participate in discussions as a member.

As part of this transition, I will no longer fund the operations of the site in any way as of February 1, 2019. How the membership responds to this new arrangement will determine the future of the community.

We can quibble about the meaning of "owning the site" but he's not funding the site and he's making no decisions about the site.  That makes you guys the owners in my book.

SilverWook

Reaction score
Trophy Points
TVs Frink said:
SilverWook said:
For the sake of clarity, neither I nor any of the mods "own" the site. It still belongs to Jay, who provides technical and server support. We're just manning the ship for the foreseeable future, as long as enough server donations come in to keep the lights on. I don't know where the idea we own OT got started.

With my full confidence and support, SilverWook and Anchorhead will be assuming control of all site content and day-to-day operations: setting rules, assigning mods, moderation, banning, everything. They’ll also manage the Discord server and Twitter account.

My role here will be reduced to one of technical support and server management. I won’t moderate discussions and won’t participate in discussions as a member.

As part of this transition, I will no longer fund the operations of the site in any way as of February 1, 2019. How the membership responds to this new arrangement will determine the future of the community.

We can quibble about the meaning of "owning the site" but he's not funding the site and he's making no decisions about the site.  That makes you guys the owners in my book.

Yeah, but we can't sell it to Disney and retire on the proceeds, either. ;)

Warbler

Reaction score
Trophy Points
SilverWook said:
Jason was deactivated as a mod in August. His schedule permitted a return as our "night watchman" this year, and we were happy to have him back. He's been a mod again since the beginning of February.

and, it looks like I will never be returning to ot.com.   

anyway, hopefully, this link works:

https://discord.gg/94ENsf

ChainsawAsh

Reaction score
Trophy Points
SilverWook said:
dahmage said:
ChainsawAsh said:

Also, oojason appears to be performing moderator functions again, though I don't recall if it was ever formally announced that he'd be returning as a mod.

he does seem to, it wasn't announced, and despite what he has said, he never lost the rights of mod as is proved by his sig avatar.  just messy in my opinion.

Contrary to popular belief, Anchorhead and I have lives, (and I've been ill to boot) and we simply forgot to make a big deal about it. There were no complaints AFAIK.

I pretty much figured he was "reactivated" when the handoff happened. I wasn't trying to insinuate that anything shady went down - as Possessed said, he never really stopped acting like a mod anyway, I bet there were more than a few that never noticed he stepped down. I was just surprised to see him officially "put on his mod hat," as it were, in a post recently. I figured he'd have said something when he was re-modded even if you and Anchorhead didn't make an announcement.

TV's Frink

Staff member
Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Warbler said:
SilverWook said:

and, it looks like I will never be returning to ot.com.   

anyway, hopefully, this link works:

https://discord.gg/94ENsf

Yes, that works.

Possessed

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Unlike SOME PEOPLE.  I'm talking about me.  I did have an interview yesterday though but I won't know for a couple of weeks.

Hal9000

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
To make the OT.com colony feel more at home, I'll start a bunch of threads about colar correcting unrelated movies to make them look like the GOUT Star Wars release. 

Rush Hour 2: GOUT Regrade

E.T.: GOUT Regrade

Interstellar: GOUT Regrade

ThrowgnCpr

awol
Staff member
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Hal9000 said:
I'll start a bunch of threads about colar correcting 

neck.jpg

relevant: https://forums.fanedit.org/showthread.php?tid=18073 :p

dahmage

Reaction score
Trophy Points
SilverWook said:
dahmage said:
ChainsawAsh said:

i don't have any negative ill will, and i hope it didn't come across that way.  Its just that in my interactions with Jason over at OT it went "i am no longer a mod no matter what my sig says" to suddenly just being a mod again. and i think that is messy.  Why doesn't the MOD sig actually reflect mod powers?  that is what i find messy.  it's got to be confusing to more people than just me?

SilverWook

Reaction score
Trophy Points
Are you saying Jason's mod sig never went away? Could be a browser cache thing. My Halloween icon sometimes hung around long after I switched back to my usual one.

TV's Frink

Staff member
Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
I thought it was still there but I could be wrong.  I don't remember for sure.

Handman

Reaction score
Trophy Points
There was a transition period, but it lasted for a week at most.  That's still pretty long though.

TV's Frink

Staff member
Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Possessed said:
Also we've been referred to as trolls by a mod there since being banned, so I'd say Frinks notion  (not that you were actually srs about it) is not gonna happen.

I really shouldn't encourage this discussion here, but I went back to see what you were referencing, and you're right.  It will take more than Jay leaving for any of us to be allowed back.  Too bad, but honestly I'm not as upset about it as I thought I might be.  The ot.com I loved doesn't exist anymore anyway, so what would I be going back to?  It really started to disappear when the new movies came out, and last October was just the final nail in the coffin. With that said I'm sure plenty of people are much happier with the new ot.com, and more power to them.

EDIT: To clarify, Silverwook did not make the posts.  You can probably go and find them if you care enough.

dahmage

Reaction score
Trophy Points
SilverWook said:
Are you saying Jason's mod sig never went away? Could be a browser cache thing. My Halloween icon sometimes hung around long after I switched back to my usual one.

That's my recollection.  Maybe it was a cache thing.

Top Bottom