• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Read BEFORE posting Trades & Request

OT.com Updates (no forum drama allowed)

Duragizer said:
That's the only way I watch anime.

Just don't count on Frink to loan you his anime discs.  He won't let anyone anywhere near them without a hefty security deposit.

jrWHAG42 said:
I've only watched Ghibli films dubbed. Whoops.

Some dubs are better than others.  I'm only a little dogmatic about it.  There's a strong case to be made for watching Porco Rosso with the French dub whether you know French or not, because the French voice actors just nailed it so well.  And that film is also the wildest miss by the English dubbers IMO.

I never watch any foreign films dubbed, so when I finally watched Totoro not long ago, I chose subs.  Not that I have a problem with dubs in general or anything, I just prefer subs.  If I watched non-English longform series like an anime show, I might prefer dubs, but I don't as of now, so I don't know.

Awright, I've officially moved in.  Got Project Threepio set up over here and everything.

I've got two, count 'em, two Internets going on!  It's like 1992 at my house right now.  Next thing you know I'll be using a smart cell cordless phone.

But how can you use the internet if you're using the phone?!

I don't use the phone for talking to people.  I just use it to make interesting random characters appear in my Kermit session.

0ec1b2d5f3e91a3bc7eea5b57f6186cb--tea-meme-funny-cartoons.jpg

I'm really hoping Wook n' Anchor take over and then the recently banned are allowed to return, and do so.
I miss the community WAY more that I'd ever assumed I would, and I'd always imagined I'd miss it very much.
I don't currently have the time or energy to move in over here (though, a nice place it seems) and I'd love to see everybody back at the old digs.

There was something special about that place.  I'd even donate to keep the place running,  especially considering the issue i  had the most problems with,  without bringing up any drama, seems to intend to fade sway.

I miss it too, but nothing lasts forever, and home is where you make it, and various and sundry timeworn cliches.

That said, I've been a complete antisocial hermit on this site, so it's not like I've got any room to talk.

What we need here is a Silverwook.  He really tied the room together.  Or was that Stinky-Dinkins?

CatBus said:
What we need here is a Silverwook.  He really tied the room together.  Or was that Stinky-Dinkins?

Yes to all of the above.

It definitely wasn’t Dinkins.  He was nothing but a troll.

I thought he was hilarious,  but being that his sole reason for posting was humor it's understandable that you wouldn't like him.

Especially since I was the target of his “humor” sometimes.  Most of the time his “humor” came at the expense of someone else.

I know you genuinely can't see how you brought it on yourself,  or that getting in a huff about it only made it worse,  so i won't be saying anymore on the subject.

I could see that it is possble that I am partially to blame, but totally 100% to blame? No, I can’t see that.  Sorry.  But will try to keep in mind what you say in the future when it comes to others’ humor.

He made off-color jokes a lot, but I wouldn't call him a troll.  A troll intentionally wants to get a negative reaction from you. Dinkins pretty much just wanted to make you laugh.

We really don't need to talk about people that aren't here.

Also @"SilverWook" is here.  Say hi.

Back
Top Bottom