• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Read BEFORE posting Trades & Request

OT.com Updates (no forum drama allowed)

It's good enough that I won't argue against any body that says it is.

Duragizer said:
Possessed said:
It's good enough that I won't argue against any body that says it is.

Not even a dead body?

Now that sounds like an argument you could really poke a stick at.

Well, I've taken my official leave of absence from ot.com. My mood in general hasn't been the best this past year, and the place was only bringing out my worst; it was time to take a break.

I have no plans to take any "official" leave from there.  I leave the tab open, occasionally check to see if anyone's trying to reach me, but don't really post anymore.

I already said I'm done posting there, but I still check the TN1 threads.  That's really the only reason to be there now (at least for me), and they have their own forums anyway.  I hope your mood improves, DE.

I hope Moth3r is okay, wherever he is.  I didn't interact with him much, but it's sad the way he vanished without any trace at all.

Anyone know why negative1 got banned again?  Seems like he was being kindof a jerk lately, but AFAICT not crossing any boundaries that haven't been regularly ignored for years.  Or is it the multi-account thing?  i.e. once you're banned, is coming back as another account forbidden even when that other account is on good-ish behavior?  If so, why'd they let him go on for so long as deathstar1138?  It's not like he wasn't blatant about it from the start.

Did he have another account going on concurrently with deathstar1138, or is it considered a sock even when his previous incarnations are banned?

Previous accounts being banned doesn't make a sock less of a sock... if anything that makes it worse. I'm confused by the question.

Sounds like a valid reason, though his recent behavior may have definitely played a part, drawing more attention to him than had he said nothing.

Ot has a zero tolerance policy on socks. As for why he survived so long,  I'll keep my thoughts on that to myself.

Guess I've got a different definition of a sock -- I'd say it would mean two active accounts at the same time.  Running through accounts serially is more like just changing your name IMO.  Sure in negative1's case it's like he's changing his name to hide from the mob but still keeps living at the same address and has the same easy-to-identify goofy mustache, but changing names is kosher in itself IMO.  Heck at least one major personality at OT.com started off as one account, stopped for a bit, and started up again later using another account.  The lack of concurrent accounts and duplicity/pretense... I'd call it a shrugworthy offense if I really even thought it was an offense in the first place.

But yeah... I'm with you on one thing, Possessed.  OT.com does clearly have a history of accommodating negative1's odd account behavior to a fairly ridiculous degree.  Remember when we weren't allowed to welcome him back anymore when he was in one of his clever disguises?

No more discussion of ot.com members being banned or not banned please.  If you want to go swim in that cesspool fine, but don't bring it here too.

Warbler said:
Why does that man have an h on his forehead?

You need to learn the ways of the Dwarf.

In case any of you don't keep up to date with the site:

The Future of OT.com

It looks like OT.com might shut down next year.  I don't know how to feel about this.

Whatever grievances I've had with the forum as of late aside, the day ot.com closes its doors will be a sad one.

Back
Top Bottom