• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull: Recut by 15MaF:

MCP

Reaction score
Trophy Points
Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull: Recut by 15MaF:

The highlight of this Indy edit has to be the mesmerizing glow of its Nixie tube clock. This tiny detail shows 15MaF's eye for detail, skill, and love for the period material. Another fine example is the small improvement of added music to Indy's escape from crushing cogs at the movie's end. The selection and execution reveal that 15MaF loves the sound of Indiana Jones as well as its visuals. An example of improved pacing is the waterfall (one time she drops, thank you very much!), where 15MaF creates a drop that's better than the original or any other edit I've seen. This edit made me look at KotCS with fresh eyes, with improvements I hadn't seen or thought of before.

With such enjoyable improvements, is this the holy grail of Indy 4 edits? Alas, no. Not for me. Despite top marks for audio, video, and pacing, many small trims make the narrative truncated. One example is Spalko's introduction. To move along the pacing, we lose so many details in her exchange with Indy that its coherence is diminished: missing information, and lines that feel like reactions except they are no longer counterpoints to the actions that originally preceded them.

Indy's KotCS - Non Paternal Cut shows great skill and respect for the source material. I look forward to 15MaF's next edits!

https://ifdb.fanedit.org/indiana-jo...rystal-skull-recut-by-15maf/discussions/9994/

Top Bottom