• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

FPS & Rendering Settings Question

gracie1979

Reaction score
Trophy Points
Okay, I so I have 4 media clips I'm working from to edit with. 3 of them have the same settings. (23.976 IVTC, None Progressive Scan, 1.2121 NTSC DV Widescreen) The other clip is 29.970 NTSC, Lower Field First, 1.2121 NTSC DV Widescreen. I have encountered some of the "blur or ghosting" between scenes I'm assuming because of the different frame rates. I went through and disable resample on all clips. My question is, what should I set my main project settings to because of the difference in the clips? Should I set it to 29.970 leaving the field order to none progressive scan? Also, when I go to render the video, what in your opinion is the best type of file to render it to without losing quality and what should those custom templates be set to? (Frame Rate, Field Order, etc)

Thanks

DigModiFicaTion

DᴉმWoqᴉԷᴉcɑꓕᴉou
Staff member
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Are you working with a film(23.976) and a TV show (29.97)?

DigModiFicaTion

DᴉმWoqᴉԷᴉcɑꓕᴉou
Staff member
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
That's a difficult one. I had a similar issue with making the Mask of the Phantasm tv cut. I can't remember exactly what I did to get it to work the best. Deselecting the resampling helps. What NLE are you using? I'd suggest using the framerate of the predominant video source. I know Vegas allows you to adjust the framerate of the actual video file you are editing to align it with your project frame rate. This definitely isn't ideal. I also believe I ran a deinterlacing filter on my TV footage.

Sharing particulars of your files might help us better troubleshoot.

Top Bottom