• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Civil War: Vengeance Has Consumed You:

MCP

Reaction score
Trophy Points
Civil War: Vengeance Has Consumed You:

Tough call. I liked many things about this edit, except for the alternate introduction to Spider-Man.
I liked the trimming of redundant/repetitive/disappointing scenes, like Peggy's off-screen death or multiple 1991 flashbacks. I liked the mystery around Zemo's plan and seeing it unfold as the Avengers were figuring it out. I am even okay with the complete removal of the opening scene in Lagos, because I never liked how Scarlet Witch was that careless.
But Fanmixing the scenes from Homecoming was not done well continuity-wise, in my opinion. It was a valiant attempt - but completely out of order. I liked setting Peter Parker's visit to the Avengers facility as if it coincided with Steve's leaving to Romania, but that scene is out of place. First, the visual editing of Steve getting an alert was weird. Second, Pepper's presence after the off-screen break-up (the teleprompter issue) was weird. Third, that scene takes place at the end of Homecoming and so breaks the MCU timeline even further (at least until Zarius releases a S-M:H fanedit, but given Bobson's wonderful edit, there isn't really a need for that).
Another issue - the Ferry scene from Homecoming is w-a-a-a-y too long, and again breaks the timeline. I think a trimming of the Queens scene from the theatrical cut would have been better.
And last - I didn't like the trimming of the end-credits.

https://ifdb.fanedit.org/civil-war-vengeance-has-consumed-you/discussions/9807/

Top Bottom