• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

The Last Movie(s) You Watched... (quick one or two sentence reviews)

INIGHTMARES

FE Academy Member
Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Can you and will you make it better? Someone is going to try.. I need to see them.

Malthus

Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Can you and will you make it better? Someone is going to try.. I need to see them.
Honestly, no. I have three very specific projects I want to work on when I'm back up and running each with specific focuses. I'm confident there will be countless Dune edits coming out in the foreseeable future whereas the edits I want to complete will do things with sources that get less attention.

INIGHTMARES

FE Academy Member
Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
I really do love this movie.. just watched in again for the first time in like 10 years.
MV5BZjhiZmYwMWEtZmZiOC00NDhhLWFhMjQtZmQ5Mjc0NjZhZjFmXkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyMTMxMTY0OTQ@._V1_FMjpg_UX1000_.jpg

mnkykungfu

Donor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Triple Feature: 3 Fan-Edits

Reservoir Dogs (1992): The Bloodier Shot
Primarily an EE that adds back in some deleted scenes, this actually is highly effective at showing you why they were deleted. In particular, the way one is added back in cuts off the ending to my favorite scene in the film, meaning that -for me- this release is just a curiosity.

Phantom of the Paradise (1974): The 40th Anniversary Restoration
A relatively light edit that restores some scarred frames from the original release, this film is a cult classic rock opera that will not be for everyone. The edit is well done, and it's a movie with style to spare, though for me it lives in the shadow of better films like Rocky Horror and Hedwig & The Angry Inch.

The Ewoks (1984/85): A Star Wars Story
This edit either never made it on to IFDB or was removed, and it definitely does have some narrative roughness. It's an attempt to merge the two Ewok movies into one more-kid-friendly story, but I don't think it quite works (the ending in particular). I won't lie though: I did have a fun time revisiting these under-loved films, even though my favorite (the darkest) parts were cut out.

mnkykungfu

Donor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Triple Feature: 3 More Irish Films

Calvary (2014)
This one blew me away. A phenomenal, deep, funny, thrilling, profoundly human examination of what it would be like to truly be a good Catholic priest, and a good man.

Veronica Guerin (2003)
Well-directed, well-acted, but hamstrung by a messy script that makes the true story of this Irish crime reporter seem more self-centered than heroic.

InterMission (2003)
Ensemble film in a small Irish city with a small role for superstar Colin Farrell and a main role for pre-superstar Cillian Murphy. I wish it'd been the other way round, as these early Murphy performances don't capture what he'd eventually be capable of, and this is too huge of an ensemble plot anyway. Good fun all the same, a kind of darkly comic Love Actually.

bionicbob

Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
EL DORADO -- Howard Hawks steals from himself in this remake of Rio Bravo. As with all Hawks movies, it is all about the dialogue, and this is another cracking good entry in his resume. While I think Rio Bravo is the better "hang out" movie, there is no denying this is a solid fun and entertaining western romp.

TO KILL A MOCKINGBIRD -- Damn. No matter how many times I watch this movie, it's impact never lessens. Seeing the wonder, beauty and heartbreaking horror of the world through the eyes of children is incredibly powerful and emotional storytelling. A timeless, perfect, important movie.

Last edited:
Top Bottom