• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Read BEFORE posting Trades & Request

The Last Movie(s) You Watched... (quick one or two sentence reviews)

Tombstone (1993) Very action packed but cheasy dialogue and subpar storytelling. The third act is especially cheesy. Still a fun action film though, but definitely not as heartfelt as 1994's Wyatt Earp.
*Classic dialogue and thrilling storytelling

There, fixed it for you. ;)

Tombstone (1993) Very action packed but cheasy dialogue and subpar storytelling. The third act is especially cheesy. Still a fun action film though, but definitely not as heartfelt as 1994's Wyatt Earp.
*Classic dialogue and thrilling storytelling

There, fixed it for you. ;)

Disney's Wish (2023) I actually thought it was serviceable, with its worst flaws being, a overproduction feeling to the songs, and a lack of character depth: Who is the random guy Magnifico "possessed"? Why? They should have shown his relationship with Asha, maybe. a romance, it's a cliche but then we know our character has a personal relationship with the character in peril.

The final battle could've used a epic duel or something, I like the town all singing the song, but like epic fight please?

Solid 6/10

North (1994)
Story about little kid Elijah Wood, narrated by Bruce Willis, which has a stacked cast and is directed by Rob Reiner... and pretty much ruined his career. Siskel & Ebert despised this movie and practically threatened people at gunpoint to not see it, but I think it's a misunderstood work of dark comic genius.

Don’t Stop Believin’: Everyman’s Journey (2012)
Concert doc following the band Journey's resurgence with a new singer who they found out about on Youtube. The doc leaves out a lot of key facts in order to frame a truly inspiring and heartwarming tale, plus has lots of great performance footage. So take that for what you will.

My Neighbor Totoro (1986)

Showcasing the films of Miyazaki to my roommate, this is a film that works strangely enough because it is a kids movie. I like the mostly realistic storytelling. It's pretty much two kids moving in to a new place, with only a couple magical things happening on occasion. A nice, warm G-rated film for the whole family. Not often that I say that as a compliment, but it works here.

Spirited Away (2002)

I'm not sure I can call this my favorite Studio Ghibli film like most people seem to. It's too episodic for my tastes. It's still a good film, and I recommend it for the animation and technical stuff alone. If that isn't convincing enough, it is a very imaginative film, and it wouldn't surprise me if the appeal was in the creation of all these no-face's, good and evil twins, and giant babies.

Castle in the Sky (1986)

I guess if I have to choose favorites, this is mine. This one's a lot of fun, and I love how gritty this feels compared to even some of Miyazaki's PG-13 rated films. This is a film where kids almost die. A lot. I'd call it Indiana Jones for the anime crowd, but I don't think that does it justice. The film has some surprisingly deep themes about nature and power, and it features a robot that can easily put the terminator to shame.

Note: For the curious, I watched all three of these in their original Japanese with English subtitles. I'm not a fan of Disney's attempts at English translation, and hiring two grown adults to voice children in Castle in the Sky is an insult to those who want plausibility.

Back
Top Bottom