• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Read BEFORE posting Trades & Request

The Last Movie(s) You Watched... (quick one or two sentence reviews)

Watched:

Crash 2004 (Theatrical Cut) It's a very deep and emotional movie, but has a low rewatchability value due to it's intensity, but I think it's one of the most important films ever made.

The Fugitive 1993 Great action movie, great performances and great action set pieces, give me 3hr cut!!

large_1l3WpoF7TX9pOprX4XepCXjQXUV.jpg

What the hell did I just watch?!

Simple. You watched a Ralph Bakshi film.

Lost Highway (1997)

Sat through the whole 2 runtime and still couldn't tell you a single thing about It. Crazy ass movie.

The Super Mario Bros. Movie (2023)
I was hoping to like this more than I did.
It was cute, had some charm, but I often found myself bored.

May December. A very unbalancing film. You’re never really sure what’s going on. It’s a very serious subject but it sometimes feels almost like comedy, but then it doesn’t. I think in many ways it is a critique of the biopic. What is real and can we ever really know? Recommended though.

Last edited:
Pain Hustlers (2023)
There have been a few stories pretty recently about the dirty underbelly of the American pharmaceutical industry, and apparently the audience tolerance for the topic is much lower than for gangsters who get got, or inexplicably clumsy-yet-attractive girls who struggle to balance career with romance. What I'm saying is that this is a pretty good film with strong performances, so don't let the "we've seen this before" reviews turn you off. We've seen a lot of other stuff a lot more.

Push (2009)
Another Chris Evans starring film that critics didn't warm to, this one is essentially Scanners if it went as broad and complex as X-Men, but with a much bigger focus on trying to out-divine the future than on body horror. I actually really enjoyed it up until the ending started to get over complicated and couldn't follow its own rules.

Raiding the Lost Ark: A Filmumentary (2012)
The guy who does these "film-umentaries" is basically letting you rewatch famous films while mixing in documentary-type enlightenment. This one is Raiders of the Lost Ark, with a healthy dose of behind-the-scenes material spliced into scenes. I liked it less than the Star Wars ones, but still a fun way to rewatch.

Reactions: Mnm
I just saw The Flash on the plane (because when else was I gonna watch it?). It wasn't terrible, but there's not much good about it.
I cab see why nobody talked about it since there's not much to talk about.
Although I have a wacky theory that the themes of the movie have a second layer of meta-comentary about constantly re-booting, re-launching, re-writing and re-working everything to get it "right" when they should just be making movies and not bothering with "cannon" or "lore" or whatever else teenagers like to talk about on the internet.

Maybe I'm projecting...

^I talked about it. I liked The Flash a lot. It's primarily a comedy, so that's extremely subjective, but I laughed quite a lot, and I do not like the humor in most DC films. It was creative, and fun, the best ever portrayal of Keaton's Batman (Batman '89 is far sillier than most people remember), and it wasn't trying to wedge in multiple other characters that will all have their own films next year. This is what I want from more Marvel/DC films.

The jokes were about 60/40 against for me. Some were very funny, but they tried so hard to get laughs every few seconds it got tiring pretty quick. To me, the proper format for superhero movies is like Shazam. They should just make self-contained movies and crossovers whenever they want without worrying about how they connect or making an over-arcing story.
Shazam does it best, imo.

^Again, primarily a comedy, and highly subjective. Can't fault you for liking the humor you like! For me, Shazam was like 60/40 against on the humor, go figure. lol And the new Shazam looked so cringey I couldn't even watch it.
But beyond the humor, I just felt The Flash had an actual story with a logical flow that tracked for me, and was more original than most DC films. When I saw Shazam, I immediately thought "Oh, so: Big? But with zappy powers?" Then they threw in the 7 Sins...but no, actually they're just generic CG demon thingies like in The Eternals. And then there's a great classic super smart DC villain, "Dr. Sivana"! Ah, the old "brain versus brawn" battle! But no... actually he's just a big punch guy like Shazam. I dunno man, it all felt pretty generic to me from a story perspective.
But I guess I'm not the audience the studios are going for, because the first Shazam made tons of money, and The Flash didn't. So what do I know.

Alita Battle Angel (2019) I loved this movie so much, as just a fresh watch, not even knowing the comics existed, still it was amazing! Matrix meets space!

The Abyss (Special Edition)
Just left the IMAX theater, first time seeing this gem from James Cameron. Three hours long but never lost interest. Captivating and emotional. Incredible to see in 4k and dolby atmos. Wish the sea creatures would’ve kept going with the tsunami, our planet deserves it thanks to mankind!

Hunger Games: Catching Fire

This movie works the most for me out of the entire series despite it having a lot of middle child movie flaws that are so often found in this era of book to movie trilogies.
The pacing can be awkward at times in exchange for getting some fun world building. 7/10. Genuinely enjoyable and great for a “Turn Off Your Brain And Watch Movie.”

Godzilla: King of Monsters Dramatic Cut (by INightmares)

Man do I have a lot of feelings to unpack here. My first watch of the original, non-edit version of this movie left me feeling so frustrated and disappointed to the point of being genuinely upset that I had to go rewatch other Godzilla movies to recollect myself. The original of this movie is one of the worst offenders of the “Well THAT just happened” style of cringe writing that so many movies are guilty of these days.

Cut to the edit by INightmares and I have to say: this is what the movie should have been. This version would have netted a massive box office and kept the series more in line with what Godzilla 2014 (my personal favorite) had to offer. It’s tight, well-paced, and offers a version of King of Monsters free of some of the worst offending lines in the entire Godzilla franchise. It just works and I cannot recommend this edit highly enough.
10/10

Ballerina (2023)
The Korean gritty action film based on real events that is going to get eclipsed by the John Wick spinoff coming this year, which I can guarantee won't be half as good. Jun Jeong-Seo (Burning) proves she can play the action heroine better than 99% of Hollywood starlets that try it, and unfortunately this film is going to get totally sidelined because it was released outside Korea on Netflix.

The Edge of Democracy (2019)
The kind of documentary that is also a personal story for the filmmaker and makes no effort to hide that (e.g. Michael Moore), this Oscar-nominated Brazilian film covers the conspiracy by oligarchs and fascists to steal the Brazilian presidency and put a Trumpian candidate into the office for them. If you doubt whether that's a partisan take and if it could be that bad, I'd encourage you to watch the doc (and then look up what happened after.)

Indiana Jones & the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull: The Fox Cut
This is a pretty brutal fanedit of the film that trims 28 minutes! Honestly, I thought this movie got a lot more hate than it deserved, but the more fanedits of it I've watched, the more problems I thought it had. I really enjoyed the cutthroat approach here, which really turned this film into a thrill ride with little left to object to. I know this title is swamped with edits to try out, but this one deserves more love.

Godzilla Minus One
As a big Godzilla/kaiju fan, I thought it was a fantastic addition to the franchise, and had some of my favorite human characters from any other film in the series.

Dream Scenario

I love Nic Cage and A24, so put 'em together and it turns out great! It was fun and interesting, and I was on the edge of my seat the whole time.

Leave the World Behind
Just got done watching this on netflix. Easily the best doomsday movie I’ve ever watched. Extremely realistic and unsettling. Excellent acting from a stellar cast. This needs no editing 10/10

The BFG (2016)

I’ve been reading this book to my son’s class every Monday for the past few weeks. We finished yesterday so my son and I watched this tonight. It’s mostly faithful and just a sweet movie Mark Rylance is just perfect as the BFG. My 11 yo is maybe a bit old for it but he still enjoyed it.

Napoleon (1927)
Lucky enough to witness 6 hours of incredible footage from the British Film Institute. Never have I seen a silent film in such grand scale. The file is no longer on youtube as of today, it was uploaded not even a week ago. I’m speechless

Napoleon (1927)
Lucky enough to witness 6 hours of incredible footage from the British Film Institute. Never have I seen a silent film in such grand scale. The file is no longer on youtube as of today, it was uploaded not even a week ago. I’m speechless

The Carl Davis score makes it. The best bit has got to be 'Eagle of Destiny':

Back
Top Bottom