• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

The Last Movie(s) You Watched... (quick one or two sentence reviews)

Jrzag42

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
I get what you're saying. I prefer a movie that has a beginning, middle, and end too. However, I think this was a rare case where the film didn't need to resolve everything (At least, until the spring of next year arrives). Tying things up would've lessened the impact on the themes of sacrifice and loss that the film addresses, and leaves us with much to think about. This is true of the conflict between Miles and Miguel. You're left to draw your own conclusion (for now) on who was in the right, and what it means to lose someone in comparison to billions of other people.
Of course, I don't need everything resolved, just some kind of climax to leave me satisfied. Infinity War doesn't wrap things up, but it has a satisfying ending to that part of the story. I don't think the MCU should be held as gospel, but it's a good enough example. LOTR works too.

kinnikuman

Donor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
I saw Akira kurasawa dream - looks beautiful, and has a haunting feeling very dream like. Good acting. My only problem is that Akira tk me is always very moral and ethical and kinda preachy/ sentimental. I give the movie 4/5. I’m sure it’s a perfect movie to some people. I feel like if you cut most of the dialogue it would be a 5/5. It’s just laid on a little to thick for me. Either way I think I’m gonna buy it on 4k criterion release just to have it playing and to look at it from time to time

It'sOnRandom

Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Spider-Man Across The Spider Verse.

Definitely enjoyable and really well done, but I totally agree with @Jrzag42 with it not really being able to stand on it's own as a single movie.

Ender

Reaction score
Trophy Points
DC just dumped basically their entire catalog on Netflix, so you know what I decided to watch? Catwoman '04. It turns out it really is that bad. Practically put me to sleep. It had style, though, if only a little. Thank god I didn't pay for this shit.

addiesin

Reaction score
Trophy Points
DC just dumped basically their entire catalog on Netflix, so you know what I decided to watch? Catwoman '04. It turns out it really is that bad. Practically put me to sleep. It had style, though, if only a little. Thank god I didn't pay for this shit.
You didn't laugh? Whenever I watch that movie I'm transfixed. Can't look away.

DigModiFicaTion

DᴉმWoqᴉԷᴉcɑꓕᴉou
Staff member
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
I mean, you kind of did pay for it as you have a Netflix subscription...:unsure:

Ender

Reaction score
Trophy Points
You didn't laugh? Whenever I watch that movie I'm transfixed. Can't look away.
I really, really, really wanted it to be one of those films but alas it's just too boring. The basketball scene was certainly a highlight, as were most of the action scenes. I really loved the funky editing and cinematography. The soundtrack suited the film well. Unfortunately, it just wasn't enough to save a boring script. Patience is an engaging protagonist, but everyone around her besides her coworker and the crazy cat lady (who's only in two scenes) just aren't interesting. You can't very far with a boring love interest and boring villains. The result was just a forgettable superhero origin movie.
I mean, you kind of did pay for it as you have a Netflix subscription...:unsure:
No, you're paying for the whole catalog. Whether you watch Catwoman or not, you paid the same amount because you're paying for the other stuff. I'm also not the one paying for my Netflix subscription. 🤫
took my 2 year old girl to see new little mermaid - I’m not a racist! My daughter loved it - and was cheering and singing! I don’t care about the casting ! But why ? Why do we need so many remakes ! Enough with remakes ! We miss Hollywood taking chances ! 1/5 I’m grading harsh cuz I’m tired of remakes
If you're not racist it should be obvious enough you don't have to say it, and if you don't like the remakes you should vote with your wallet and stop seeing them.

Last edited:

That One Guy

Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
I stuck on Mortal Kombat (2021) yesterday as I was kind of intrigued - plus, having recently rewatched The Raid and Chocolate, I wanted to see if a US production with a solid cast could actually pull off a good martial arts action film.

The general quality of acting and special effects is higher than in the 1995 film, but that's about it. I felt every second of the runtime, and the "look, we know this is based on a videogame" stuff made me age an extra decade each time it happened (except for "Kano wins", which worked because the casting choice for Kano was very good). The script, though.... How the hell did they go ahead with such a boring, blether filled load of junk? "It'll be a surprise when we find out Cole's secret" - no it won't, it may as well be stamped all over the screen.

I'm honestly impressed that they made a new MK film so monumentally poor that, even as someone who knows the '95 film is in no way good, I'd rewatch that over the new one any day. Hell, I'd punch myself in the crotch over rewatching the new one.

Right now I'm rewatching Eurotrip as a very very stupid palate cleanser. Mi scusi 😁

kinnikuman

Donor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
I really, really, really wanted it to be one of those films but alas it's just too boring. The basketball scene was certainly a highlight, as were most of the action scenes. I really loved the funky editing and cinematography. The soundtrack suited the film well. Unfortunately, it just wasn't enough to save a boring script. Patience is an engaging protagonist, but everyone around her besides her coworker and the crazy cat lady (who's only in two scenes) just aren't interesting. You can't very far with a boring love interest and boring villains. The result was just a forgettable superhero origin movie.

No, you're paying for the whole catalog. Whether you watch Catwoman or not, you paid the same amount because you're paying for the other stuff. I'm also not the one paying for my Netflix subscription. 🤫

If you're not racist it should be obvious enough you don't have to say it, and if you don't like the remakes you should vote with your wallet and stop All I see and hear is outrage

If you're not racist it should be obvious enough you don't have to say it, and if you don't like the remakes you should vote with your wallet and stop seeing them.
Lol what else should I do ?

Editzilla

Reaction score
Trophy Points
Catwoman '04. It turns out it really is that bad. Practically put me to sleep. It had style, though, if only a little. Thank god I didn't pay for this shit.
It's not even that fun bad, it's just a terrible adaption of the comics. Hell, adaption is applied loosely here......

(surprisingly, I did see a lot of similarities between this film's Patience Phillips and MCU's Michelle "MJ" Jones.)

Eyepainter

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
If you're not racist it should be obvious enough you don't have to say it,

Wait 'til you meet my hardcore feminist sister. You'll be saying you're not a racist for weeks.

I stuck on Mortal Kombat (2021) yesterday as I was kind of intrigued - plus, having recently rewatched The Raid and Chocolate, I wanted to see if a US production with a solid cast could actually pull off a good martial arts action film.

The general quality of acting and special effects is higher than in the 1995 film, but that's about it. I felt every second of the runtime, and the "look, we know this is based on a videogame" stuff made me age an extra decade each time it happened (except for "Kano wins", which worked because the casting choice for Kano was very good). The script, though.... How the hell did they go ahead with such a boring, blether filled load of junk? "It'll be a surprise when we find out Cole's secret" - no it won't, it may as well be stamped all over the screen.

I'm honestly impressed that they made a new MK film so monumentally poor that, even as someone who knows the '95 film is in no way good, I'd rewatch that over the new one any day. Hell, I'd punch myself in the crotch over rewatching the new one.

I've only seen the 1995 original, and for me, that one was okay, which is usually how most video game adaptations are at their best. I saw the red-band trailer for the remake, and I was probably the only one who didn't like it. It seemed like the R-rating was the only selling point, and the rest of the film looked bland.

Fortunately, I've played Mortal Kombat 11 on my PS4, which I'm willing to bet had a better storyline compared to the movies. Still thinking about whether to go on eBay and get Mortal Kombat X, since I hear a lot of good things about it.

Editzilla

Reaction score
Trophy Points
Fortunately, I've played Mortal Kombat 11 on my PS4, which I'm willing to bet had a better storyline compared to the movies. Still thinking about whether to go on eBay and get Mortal Kombat X, since I hear a lot of good things about it.
This is Netherrealm Studios we're talking about here. They can't write good stories to save their life. (Especially with that bs Sindel retcon)

addiesin

Reaction score
Trophy Points

Right now I'm rewatching Eurotrip as a very very stupid palate cleanser. Mi scusi 😁
I think it would have been better if Cole Young wasn't a new original character and instead ended up being Kung Lao (the names even sound like they're the same sounds just switched around). I found everything about him to be underwhelming and detached from the Mortal Kombat-ness of it all. Perhaps a reveal that he was actually a named character and didn't know it would have given him something more interesting to work with?

DigModiFicaTion

DᴉმWoqᴉԷᴉcɑꓕᴉou
Staff member
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Creed
A decent reinvention of the Rocky franchise. On par with some of the Rocky outings. 6.5/10

Creed II
This one was ok. Similar to the first in its familiarity in terms of a Rocky film, but ultimate just ok. 6/10

Creed III
Dramatic dialogue and too stylistic during the finale fight. This one just felt a bit lack luster. 5.75/10

Ender

Reaction score
Trophy Points
Just watched Batman: Mystery of the Batwoman. Solid. Nothing special, but enjoyable. A good mystery worthy of the title.

DigModiFicaTion

DᴉმWoqᴉԷᴉcɑꓕᴉou
Staff member
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Shooting Stars (2023}
Biopic of LeBron James' high school years and team. It's a decent biopic, but doesn't really have anything special to make you want to keep watching it if you didn't already know the story. I found 2008's More Than A Game documentary of the same years more engaging and a better overall production. This one gets a 6/10.

Mark Moore

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Just watched Batman: Mystery of the Batwoman. Solid. Nothing special, but enjoyable. A good mystery worthy of the title.
I enjoyed this movie back in the day. The end credits song made me a fan of Cherie. I even got the Blu-ray a few years ago.

I saw No Hard Feelings yesterday. Pretty funny movie with some touching moments. Mostly predictable except for the end. By the way, for those of you that care, yes, Jennifer Lawrence does get naked - like, complete, total, full-frontal naked - but it's not for something obvious like a sex scene. I won't spoil it, but that moment was freakin' hilarious.

Jrzag42

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Gods and Monsters: this movie is just depressing, I wasn't ready for it.
Apparently I own this movie (I streamed it when I watched it the other day). I remember passing by it at Goodwill a few weeks ago, I totally don't recall actually buying it. Also apparently I bought Transformers The Movie the other day? The fact that I'm buying movies and forgetting about it surely means that I have a problem, right?

Anyways, currently watching Batman 89, it good.

WilliamRedRobin

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
I watched the Bill Murrey Garfield movie for the first time since I was very small.
I remember everyone saying it was awful, but for a kids movie I thought is was OK.
One thing I don't remember people talking about is how well animated Garfield is.
He doesn't blend very well into the live action, but the way he interacts with it is fantastic, and the detail in how he moves is pretty great too.
I'm not sure where it sits in the timeliness of fully CG characters and whether that was impressive for the time, but it obviously took a lot of work.

Top Bottom