• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Read BEFORE posting Trades & Request

The Last Movie(s) You Watched... (quick one or two sentence reviews)

Well, there is the whole glaring plot that Noah and his family were supposed to die because they were wicked. Yeah, that's not in the source.. As stated in the source you linked, 7 The Lord then said to Noah, “Go into the ark, you and your whole family, because I have found you righteous in this generation." The movie disregards this and makes Noah into a psychopath. Then there are the watchers.....
As I recall, the film works backwards from Noah's later crazy behavior and tries to lay the seeds. You know, his threatening to kill children and becoming a wandering homeless drunk. As the bible is essentially a compilation of oral stories, the fragmented nature of the narrative doesn't lend itself to a literal re-telling in film format. It would involve some hard right turns.
That said, this film really didn't work. Aronofsky was my boy, and I thought this was hot garbage. Except for the fever dream evolution scene, which was totally stolen from Studio Ghibli.
Haven’t watched Noah, but my parents said it’s horrible and completely butchers the story. If I’m gonna watch a recent religious movie, I suppose I’ll stick with (not in any order of quality) Risen, Signs, and Kingdom of Heaven (DC Roadshow Version of course). Any other suggestions are welcome, as I love to examine religious films.
I'm not much of a fan of those films, but if you're looking for other takes, maybe try Jesus Camp, Ben Hur, The Prince of Egypt, First Reformed, The Fountain, Defending Your Life, Doubt, The Messenger, Oh God, The Devil's Advocate, Angel Heart, and ...The First Power. :)

Have seen the new Ben Hur, wasn’t a huge fan. I imagine I’ll like the old one but I haven’t gotten around to it yet

Have seen the new Ben Hur, wasn’t a huge fan. I imagine I’ll like the old one but I haven’t gotten around to it yet
I didn’t even know there was a Ben Hur remake. Looking it up, it seems to have been the second biggest mistake of 2016.

Uh, I definitely meant the original.
Yeah I figured, I was just saying I’d seen one of them and was excited to see the Charlton Heston one. The Ten Commandments is one of my favorite movies ever, so I’m sure I’ll love his Ben Hur

I enjoyed both the original silent film and the Charlton Heston Ben Hur. Both worth watching and impressive in their own way. I also think The Miracle Maker is an underrated and creative interpretation of the life of Jesus. A little episodic, which comes with the territory, but a great cast and wonderful animation.

So you mean the silent one from 1925?

Indeed, the one most people refer to as the original actually isn't. Although it is almost certainly the best one.
No, I was referring to the original film titled "Ben-Hur", not "Ben-Hur: A Tale of The Christ". ;)

No, I was referring to the original film titled "Ben-Hur", not "Ben-Hur: A Tale of The Christ". ;)

While shortened to Ben-hur in most countries, that version was still labelled Ben-hur: A Tale of the Christ in the US. It's on the poster as well :p and the book both films are based on bears that title.

IMG-20220126-163853.jpg

The opening credits for the film also bear the full title of: "'Ben-Hur: A Tale of the Christ' by General Lee Wallace"

Last edited:
While shortened to Ben-hur in most countries, that version was still labelled Ben-hur: A Tale of the Christ in the US. It's on the poster as well :p and the book both films are based on bears that title.

IMG-20220126-163853.jpg

The opening credits for the film also bear the full title of: "'Ben-Hur: A Tale of the Christ' by General Lee Wallace"
So basically @mnkykungfu watched the 1907 short film.

Also of note is that a stuntman WAS actually killed in the 1925 silent version in the chariot race (not in the film i don't think? But it happened), which is probably a big reason for the false rumor of a stuntman being killed on screen that has long plagued the 1959 Version. (It didn't happen here, spoiler alert. Only one notable injury that needed stitches... although it is in the film. But nothing near death.)

So the rumor is based on truth but not of the right version and also it being shown is mixed up with the minor injury from the 1959 version. I found this trivia interesting. Although most people here probably knew that already and me saying any of it was pointless. Oh...

Last edited:
^^ I was under the impression that that was the 1959 film, actually, so you've taught me something new!

Also of note is that a stuntman WAS actually killed in the 1925 silent version in the chariot race (not in the film i don't think? But it happened), which is probably a big reason for the false rumor of a stuntman being killed on screen that has long plagued the 1959 Version. (It didn't happen here, spoiler alert. Only one notable injury that needed stitches... although it is in the film. But nothing near death.)

So the rumor is based on truth but not of the right version and also it being shown is mixed up with the minor injury from the 1959 version. I found this trivia interesting. Although most people here probably knew that already and me saying any of it was pointless. Oh...

I've heard and believed that for years. Didn't have snopes back in the pre internet days to verify. Just had one of these moments. :)
Educate Yourself Shooting Star GIF

IMG-20220126-163853.jpg

Wow, out of the 100s of movie posters for this, you somehow managed to photoshop find one that has that subtitle. lol
I'll give you that the 2nd title card has the subtitle though, but since this is becoming a long thread devoted to pedantry, I'll say that if it ain't listed on IMDB by that title, then I ain't acknowledging it. :p

The Wolverine (2013)
With Silver Screen Samurai moving on from their edit, I decided to revisit this movie. The last time I watched it it was the Unleashed unrated edition. I'm not a fan of gore and grotesque violence so I found it pretty gross due to the added gore. This time I watched the Theatrical. Up until the very last part with the Silver Samurai, this is was a good action flick. I'm still a bit confused how Logan can get his adamantium claws back in Days of Future Past after watching this movie. I liked Yukio a lot more this go around, possiblyl because we skipped the chipper scene? Anyway, a good movie for 2/3 of the time, then a poor final act. 6/10

Back
Top Bottom