• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Read BEFORE posting Trades & Request

My Fake Criterion Covers

Vultural said:
I am sure an Admin will weigh to clarify.

Thanks Vultural. If you look two posts earlier you'll see that exact phenomenon.   :cool:

This is one for Fantastic Beasts and I really like how it turned out:
fb.png

To compare what work I did, here's the original:
9781338109061.jpg

(It's the cover for the screenplay)

What do you guys think? :)

theryaney said:
DigModiFicaTion said:
I dub thee, Sir theryaney King of the Cover Artists.

Thank you. :)

Baby Driver:

artboard-copy-91.png

Do the staff here still give the blue "Cover Artist" badge? I don't see any active people with those these days.

That cover is fab, great movie too, I might even substitute the proper cover for that when I pick up a copy.

Sinbad said:
That cover is fab, great movie too, I might even substitute the proper cover for that when I pick up a copy.

Thanks. :)

It's nice to see it'll replace someone's actual cover someday. ;)

The “Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them” one is pretty good.  Definitely awesome, Yup. ?

Canon Editor said:
The “Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them” one is pretty good.  Definitely awesome, Yup. ?

Thanks.  :)

i dont like Fantastic Beasts from the previews for it.
but your cover makes me want to watch this movie

I loved the first season of the show, and I certainly like the VHS style casing for the Blu-Ray, but I decided to make a cover for Stranger Things, Criterion style:

artboard-copy-95.png

What do you guys think?

I like the demogorgon being the front cover art, as it is used by the kids to depict the monster.

theryaney said:
I loved the first season of the show, and I certainly like the VHS style casing for the Blu-Ray, but I decided to make a cover for Stranger Things, Criterion style:

artboard-copy-95.png

What do you guys think?

I like the demogorgon being the front cover art, as it is used by the kids to depict the monster.

I like the cover a lot. The red seems a bit harsh though. Can you use a darker shade?

Also I don't think the branding is completely red, just a red outline with a black centre:

Stranger_Things_logo.png

Looks great, but I agree that the combination of those particular greys/reds is rough on the eyes.

Thanks for the feedback. :)

How about this?

artboard-copy-951.png

much better!

You may want to change the THE CRITERION COLLECTION lettering in the red spine block to that same grey though.

I love this Criterion style. It's a huge improvement from their previous format. Your covers have been great lately. I'm looking forward to seeing more :)

Related: I forgot I made this cover for @"ssj"'s  amazing edit a little over a year ago:

sukaiwaka_3Dview.jpg

Problem Eliminator said:
Where do you get the blurbs on the back cover from?

For the Stranger things description, mashed some sentences and words from a review from Blu-ray.com.

ThrowgnCpr said:
I love this Criterion style. It's a huge improvement from their previous format. Your covers have been great lately. I'm looking forward to seeing more :)

Related: I forgot I made this cover for @"ssj"'s  amazing edit a little over a year ago:

Thanks. :)

Also, your cover inspired the Fanedit Collection side of my Criterion style too. It's very nice! :)

theryaney,  can you do a criterion cover for fire walk with me please?

I thought there was already a Criterion release for that? Anyway, I'll start on it. :)

the cover is the same bluray cover thats already been released. they pu no effort into their bluray cover.
just figured you could do far better job.

Back
Top Bottom