• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Read BEFORE posting Trades & Request

My Fake Criterion Covers

My 1987 Robocop cover for the 2014 4K BR release. There was a criterion cover for this, but for the DVD and in the old design with different art.

artboard-copy-80.png

I hope I'm getting better at making these. :)

@rb requested V2.0

artboard-copy-83.png

Hope you like it. :p

Also, a repost here for these:

Kill Bill: Roaring Rampage Edition
artboard-copy-794.png

artboard-copy-82.png

A cover for the Disney Signature Edition of the Lion King:

artboard-copy-901.png

I think the hardest part of designing covers is getting the look/style of the text, the placement of the text and the choice of the fonts right. It really makes the difference between something looking professional and something looking amateur. You seem to really have this aspect nailed, everybody take note :) .

TM2YC said:
I think the hardest part of designing covers is getting the look/style of the text, the placement of the text and the choice of the fonts right. It really makes the difference between something looking professional and something looking amateur. You seem to really have this aspect nailed, everybody take note :) .

Thanks a lot mate. ;)

I plan to make a thread about fonts in the future, so I can share some insight on this topic. I agree. Fonts, and just the look of the text is an important factor. :)

I like your covers  :cool:

Random observation: the fanedit.org logo suddenly reminds me of the N64.

TM2YC said:

^ This. This part is huge, and so many can't get it right. theryaney has done a really good job with it.

ThrowgnCpr said:
TM2YC said:

^ This. This part is huge, and so many can't get it right. theryaney has done a really good job with it.

Thanks. Seriously, thanks for the compliments. :)

The Lion King is possibly my favorite movie of all time. Could you do a Moana one as well? With an emphasis on culture and knowing who you are? However you interpret that.

DigModiFicaTion said:
The Lion King is possibly my favorite movie of all time. Could you do a Moana one as well? With an emphasis on culture and knowing who you are? However you interpret that.

I guess make it very colourful or something?

I found a pretty good art by Tom Whalen:
Tom-Whalen-Moana-Poster-Cyclops-Prints-Works-2016.jpg

Is that a-okay?

Took me some time, because if you notice when comparing with the original art, I recreated Moana's hair and parts of the sea and clouds.

Here it is! :)

artboard-copy-92.png

Hope you like it! ;)

I dub thee, Sir theryaney King of the Cover Artists.

DigModiFicaTion said:
I dub thee, Sir theryaney King of the Cover Artists.

Thank you. :)

Baby Driver:

artboard-copy-91.png

Do the staff here still give the blue "Cover Artist" badge? I don't see any active people with those these days.

Theryaney, how many of these/which of these are using your own art (as opposed to making use of other fan art)? 

This isn't a criticism in any way - I'm just curious!  :)

The Scribbling Man said:
Theryaney, how many of these/which of these are using your own art (as opposed to making use of other fan art)? 

This isn't a criticism in any way - I'm just curious!  :)

Some of these are other people's art, maybe around 60ish% I make myself, using screen caps, original posters that I tweak, stuff like that. But some is indeed other people's fan art, which are amazing. I do give them credit, if you read the text under the infos section. :)

But most of the art/poster/images/screencaps I use will have my additional touch and many tweaks. Also when I use other people's art, I tweak them to quite to a degree, mostly imagining the cropped areas, like in my Moana cover and Breakfast Club. If you compare with the original, there is the difference. For your edit's cover too, I just took a png of the fossil that was a replica, and then the rest of the border that made it into a "photo" was my own work. :)

theryaney said:
Do the staff here still give the blue "Cover Artist" badge? I don't see any active people with those these days.

We haven't used this in a while, for a couple reasons. Years ago, we had a bunch of contributors on the forums that weren't really editors, but they made a lot of covers. Most of the people working on covers now are faneditors, and personally I think the faneditor badge is more distinguished than cover artist.

We'll happily apply it to someone's account if they want.

ThrowgnCpr said:
theryaney said:

We haven't used this in a while, for a couple reasons. Years ago, we had a bunch of contributors on the forums that weren't really editors, but they made a lot of covers. Most of the people working on covers now are faneditors, and personally I think the faneditor badge is more distinguished than cover artist.

We'll happily apply it to someone's account if they want.

I see. I can't really think of people here that exclusively do that anymore.

There are a lot of cover designers still active.
Many are double threats, and most would prefer to be known as FanEditors.
The current "badge" system may only permit one badge.
I am sure an Admin will weigh to clarify.

Back
Top Bottom