• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Kingsman: The Golden Circle

hyperchargeit

Reaction score
Trophy Points
The Golden Circle is the sequel of Kingsman: The secret service. I want to make this thread.

Trailer 2:

Official First Trailer:

Eggsy meets Archer Sterling:

I myself am very very excited because I really enjoyed the first Kingsman.

hyperchargeit

Reaction score
Trophy Points
Beautiful new teaser
http://https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hFS9MrlJMXw[/video]

Really nice website here every1
HI!

MusicEd921

Donor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
I'm a fan of the first one and looking forward with glee for the second one. 

These movies are more Bond than our current batch of Bond movies.  Between Kingsmen, Mission Impossible and Man from UNCLE, I'm getting my old school Bond fix.

theryaney

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
musiced921 said:
If fan of the first one and looking forward with glee for the second one. 

These movies are more Bond than our current batch of Bond movies.  Between Kingsmen, Mission Impossible and Man from UNCLE, I'm getting my old school Bond fix.

True. Am absolutely looking forward to this.

Zamros

Reaction score
Trophy Points
musiced921 said:
If fan of the first one and looking forward with glee for the second one. 

Probably, because the new Bond movies are just Jason Bourne movies.

theryaney

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Also true. Kingsman is quite nice with the perfect amount of style.

theryaney

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
I thought at the ending he said "JAMES BOND: The Golden Circle" ;)
Anyways, now we know why it's called the golden circle.

Gaith

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Kingsman: The Golden Circle (2017)

TM2YC said:
The widespread opinion of Kingsman 2 does seem to be consistently "It's okay but nothing more than that".

gallery-1492541624-k5.jpg

Yup. It's... fairly weak sauce. My mother is a huge fan of the original, and she also found it only half as good. I recommend a rental for those particularly interested, but everyone else can safely skip it. It's watchable enough, but dull at times, and I myself certainly don't see myself sitting through it again, far less putting a blu on my shelf.

Mild spoilers below, which shouldn't ruin a first viewing, but I'll tag them anyhow:

- One of the coolest parts of The Secret Service was the extent of the Kingsman organization. Well, in the first fifteen minutes, it's pretty much entirely wiped out via missile strikes, apart from Eggsy and Merlin (Mark Strong). But, though that's a letdown, for plot purposes it doesn't really matter, because it turns out that there's a virtually identical American group called Statesman. Why high-raking agents of both organizations have never heard of the other isn't at all explained - do they really never cross paths during their international exploits?

- Speaking of the Statesmen, they really don't do much of anything; they're just there to replace the Kingsmen in all but name.

- There are lots of fights, but nothing even attempts to be as thematically daring or eye-popping as the original's church massacre. It's as though Vaughn knew/feared he couldn't top that scene, so he didn't even bother.

- Having (subtly but unmistakably) killed off Obama in the original, the new POTUS is... Dubya, basically. Er, you're a decade late on that one, fellas.

- There's a scene that the Good Doctor Mark Kermode says he wouldn't forgive in a Michael Bay movie, and can't forgive here. It's... yeah, it's pretty crass, and lame, to boot. You'll know it when you see it, oh, trust me, you'll know.

- One key plot twist is not at all explained, that I could tell.

- Holy moly, are there a lot of F-bombs. So many F-bombs, from just about everyone, and they're delivered without any of the style one finds in, say, The Big Lebowski. "Manners maketh the man"? No one told these potty mouths. It's just an unending cluster strike of "f***"s, to the point where it's actively distracting.

- The action climax manages to be overblown and overlong yet also undercooked.

- Firth's revival is fine, and he and Eggsy have a nice mentor/student relationship, but with all the crass humor and kids' cartoon-level plotting, it's hard to feel much investment, and the prickly edge from the original is all but gone.

If there's a Part Trois, here's hoping for more from Hally Berry and Channing Tatum, and less from Firth. And a bigger scope, with a half-hour shorter runtime.

The Secret Service: B+
The Golden Circle: C

Fan editing potential: general trims for length all around, and bleeping the unending deluge of f-bombs would probably be funnier than leaving them in unadorned.

Zamros

Reaction score
Trophy Points
Thinking back to to it now, there are only 2 scenes in the whole movie I can appreciate in their entirety.

The scene where Eggsy and Merlin discover the whisky bottle (Merlin's later dressing down of Bourbon got whoops and belly laughs from the hearty Scottish audience), and the reprisal of "shoot the dog". The first made me laugh hard and the second made me feel an emotional connection with the characters. The rest of the movie is thoroughly lacking in these respects.

Rushed. Not thought out. Sad.

Better luck next time, Vaughn and Co.

MusicEd921

Donor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Maybe there will be some deleted scenes as well?  The wife and I enjoyed it for what it was, but it was definitely not as good as the original.  I also thought it was a little strange that Harry came back and went right back into ordering Eggsy around when Eggsy is now a seasoned agent.  That kind of took me by surprise, but I guess it was to keep up with the relationship from the previous film.

Also, I found it incredibly strange that
 Halle Berry had little to do in the movie and then she took over Whiskey's spot.  I totally assumed she was going to accompany Whiskey and kill him or at least help out so that her taking over his spot was justified.

Julianne Moore was a so-so villain.  I'll definitely buy it on bluray because I like to be a completist in some ways, but it doesn't have the rewatchability the first one has.

Top Bottom