• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

New Guidelines For Fanedit Reddit Communities

Zarius

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Some of us  have been known to use this reddit so I thought this was important to bring up. There's been a recent revisining of the community guideline rules. No direct sharing of streams or links to full-length movies used for editing purposes.

Apparently one reddit community has already been shut down due to these rule violations.

Q2

Staff member
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Just an FYI, fanedit.org doesn't have an official Reddit community. Not sure if that's what you were implying but just wanted it to be clear.

Zarius

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Oh no worries, I wasn't implying that, I just said I knew members from here that used that reddit community

I've fixed my post to be more precise.

Zarius

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Additional rules:

-You can announce your edits, but you need to only make them availible through the discord chat server (thier faneditreviews section)
-Announcement threads on the main reddit page have to include clips or screencaps in the descriptions

Zarius

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
And now the reddit page is invite-only.

DigModiFicaTion

DᴉმWoqᴉԷᴉcɑꓕᴉou
Staff member
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
I just saw that they made it private yesterday. I honestly didn't really see the point of it beyond posting a link to a trailer. I'm not much of a reddit person and don't understand its format though.

Zarius

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Reddit users had to use the Discquss chat server after the ban came on using the reddit to post full edits, but the traffic was very slow on it whenever I went there...not a whole lot of people posting.

TV's Frink

You Catch On Pretty Quick
Staff member
Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
DigModiFicaTion said:
I'm not much of a reddit person and don't understand its format though.

I loathe their format and refuse to read it.

Zarius

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Now it appears the Fanedit reddit page is gone entirely. All I can find now is the Fe.Org version [I did'nt even know we had one], which hasn't been updated in months and lacks a disquss chat server where edits can be shared.

DigModiFicaTion

DᴉმWoqᴉԷᴉcɑꓕᴉou
Staff member
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
One less other fanediting community to detract my focus and energy from all you fine folk ;)

Q2

Staff member
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Zarius said:
Now it appears the Fanedit reddit page is gone entirely. All I can find now is the Fe.Org version [I did'nt even know we had one], which hasn't been updated in months and lacks a disquss chat server where edits can be shared.

It's not an official FE.org Reddit page since we never set one up. Not sure who did.

Zarius

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Fanedit reddit is back up, and the ''new guidelines'' have all been tossed out.

DigModiFicaTion

DᴉმWoqᴉԷᴉcɑꓕᴉou
Staff member
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
They never responded to my messages so as a result I tossed them out  :p

Top Bottom