• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Read BEFORE posting Trades & Request

Obituaries

Ivan Reitman passed away in his sleep last night. He was 75. :cry:

RIP Alan Ladd Jr without whom there would be no Star Wars, ALIEN, Braveheart, The Right Stuff and so much more…a man of vision the likes of which we will not see again.

Feast your eyes on this list....

Last edited:
RIP Alan Ladd Jr without whom there would be no Star Wars, ALIEN, Braveheart, The Right Stuff and so much more…a man of vision the likes of which we will not see again.

Everybody should see his daughter's doc about her dad:

E0TCXPSXsAIB6to.jpg

His company logo at the start of a movie in the 80s was a guarantee of enduring artistic quality (and box office failure :( ). He changed the culture we live in today.

I'll always remember him as the narrator of The Polar Express. Farewell, good sir.

God...say...hello...to the bad guy

^^^^ one of my favourite albums of all time...

I always liked the people in Foo Fighters more than i liked the music but this is a real shock. ...I watched that Stewart Copeland drumming documentary and he came across as a real cool guy....i feel for his kids, family and of course the fans.

Not a person, more the end of an era...

After 21-years the BBC's 'Kermode and Mayo's Film Review' radio-show/podcast has come to a sudden end. It being April 1st, I forlornly hoped they were joking, like their elaborate long running "wittertainment cruise" joke (which some people actually believed :LOL: ). It's been the best movie show ever, there every Friday afternoon like an old friend 😭.

Some of my highlights include...

James Cordon's parents emailing in to complain about them giving their son a bad review:

The deliciously painful interview with Charlie Kaufman, who holds a grudge against Mark for criticising one of his films:

Mark ranting about the Entourage movie:

or ranting about Sex and the City 2:

Hello to Jason Isaacs.

May the code of conduct continue:

5198422867_125d1bc748_b.jpg

Jimmy Wang Yu has passed away, at the age of 79. Most famous for late 60s/early 70s classics like The One Armed Swordsman and The Chinese Boxer - he was considered by some to have been the first superstar of Hong Kong action cinema. He starred alongside Jackie Chan in three films - Killer Meteor, Fantasy Mission Force, and Island of Fire. Though some may know him best as the face Steve Odenkirk replaced, when Tiger and Crane Fists was transformed into Kung Pow.

I love HK cinema, and The One Armed Boxer is so good. Still need to watch Chinese Boxer,One Armed Swordsman, and Master of the Flying Guillotine. The Man from Hong Kong, a collaboration between Australia and HK is also great. Gonna miss him. Revolutionized action cinema in many ways.

Great intro to this trailer "We are here today to honour the legend..."

George Pérez passed away earlier this month, aged 67. While not a filmmaker, he influenced many of the current Hollywood superhero blockbusters with his wonderful work on The Avengers, Wonder Woman, and many more.

Back
Top Bottom