• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Read BEFORE posting Trades & Request

Obituaries

Tom Lyle, comic book artist, dead at 66.
stan-lee-spider-man-44-the-anniversary-syndrome-limited-edition-print-19935188744_2048x.jpg

I once owned a copy of that issue. My, that takes me back.

Sad and ugly news indeed.

It's Trans Day of Remembrance again, taking the time to remember the 311 of my trans siblings that were reported to have been murdered, my friends and comrades that have taken their own lives and the countless other losses of people whose names are forever lost to time.

Remember those that fell, may they forever rest in power

Oh dear, I can't believe we missed this earlier this year.

Paul Darrow passed away in June. His last Blake's 7 (audio) performance as Avon is released this month.
I'm going to re-listen to Darrow's autobiography "You're Him, Aren't You?" .

lapis molari said:
Oh dear, I can't believe we missed this earlier this year.

Paul Darrow passed away in June. His last Blake's 7 (audio) performance as Avon is released this month.
I'm going to re-listen to Darrow's autobiography "You're Him, Aren't You?" .

Awww. I saw him in an open air production of Terry Pratchett's 'Guards! Guards!' at the Edinburgh Fringe in the late 90s/early 2000s, playing Sam Vimes. Afterwards, I've always pictured him as Vimes (the best Discworld hero) when I read the books.

hqdefault.jpg

René Auberjonois, Father Mulcahey in M*A*S*H (the movie, not the show), Odo in Star Trek: Deep Space Nine, and many other characters - 79

Auberjonois_Rene_AIF2018_0.jpg

I first saw Mr. Auberjonois in an episode of Stargate SG-1. Then I saw him in DS9, and have been a fan of his ever since. RIP.

He was also the great-great-great grandnephew of Napoleon Bonaparte, which is a fun fact I learned just a few weeks ago.

He was in quite a few Robert Altman films and was really good in Altman's 'McCabe & Mrs. Miller' which I watched a few weeks back. Odo was the best character on DS9, the way he conveyed all that emotion through makeup designed to flatten out his facial features was incredible.

I just happened to catch him in Frasier on TV the other day, classic:

Brilliant character actor.   He will be missed.

Fun fact: Rene is also a former Spider-Man, having provided the voice for the character in a 70s audio drama.

Back
Top Bottom