• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Read BEFORE posting Trades & Request

Obituaries

RIP Maestro

E24107T.gif

I wouldn't have predicted the view team singling out 'Hobo with a Shotgun' as Rutger's masterpiece :D :

I did like that movie quite a bit.

Jeremy Kemp, 84

He played Picard's brother in TNG "Family" which directly followed Picard's freedom from the borg. One of my favorite episodes.

My stepmother's father mentioned that David Hedison died. I didn't recognize the name, and he told me about Voyage to the Bottom of the Sea. Now I'm reading about him, and apparently he played Felix in Liscense to Kill, a film I quite enjoyed. I'm going to have to check out Voyage, I told him I would, but I'm also just generally interested.
Anyways, rest in peace Albert David Hedison Jr, a face more familiar than I realized. He lived to 92 years old.

Great Fonda speech sampled on Primal Scream's classic 'Loaded':

He'll be best remembered for his iconic role in the Thomas the Tank Engine movie.

I loved his interview on Space Ghost C2C

TM2YC said:
Great Fonda speech sampled on Primal Scream's classic 'Loaded'

my favorite, two years prior

also, this:

"Did you ever dream about a place you never really recall being to before? Some place far away, half remembered when you wake up. ... That was the sixties. No. It wasn't that either. It was just '66 and early '67. That's all there was." (Terry Valentine, The Limey)

R.I.P. Valerie Harper, Rhoda of The Mary Tyler Moore Show, has died at 80https://consequenceofsound.net/2019/08/r-i-p-valerie-harper/

^ Dang, that video's not working here in the States, and I can't find it elsewhere. Anyhow, I went to the San Francisco Giants game last night, and the sound system played about a minute of "Take Me Home Tonight" between innings, and "Baby Hold On" also. (Apparently Money lived in the Bay Area much of his life.) Ian Crouch, The New Yorker:

Extolling the virtues of Money’s catalogue—with its bluesy electric guitars, roadhouse harmonica, gated reverb on the drums, synthesizers, and plenty of cheesy sax—makes one feel a bit like Patrick Bateman, in “American Psycho,” going on about the secret artistry of Phil Collins’s worst songs. But Money contributed a series of earworms that have, thanks to classic-rock radio, burrowed themselves into the American pop psyche.

Also, apparently Money didn't initially like "Take Me Home Tonight," which he has no writing credit on! Disillusionment! Ah well, life may be complex, but 80s gold hits will never die... :p

Aron Eisenberg, Nog from Star Trek: Deep Space Nine, died suddenly today at the age of 50.

Back
Top Bottom