• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Read BEFORE posting Trades & Request

Obituaries

I'd totally forgotten about this rather sweet cameo in Mallrats:

It's trans day of rememberance, today, and having just read the list of transpeople that have been murdered in the past year, I'm having feelings. A mix of I guess; fear, horror, dread, shock yet not surprise? There are countries on this list that weren't there last year, and a few countries in particular have had too many to count.

It's... I dunno. I have a hard enough time with feeling safe because of other issues, but like, now this scared feeling is becoming more existential.

Can someone send internet hugs? Or at least give the list a read? Sorry, I don't know what I'm trying to elicit with this post, am just trying to process this. Thanks for reading this.

Zamros said:
It's trans day of rememberance, today, and having just read the list of transpeople that have been murdered in the past year, I'm having feelings. A mix of I guess; fear, horror, dread, shock yet not surprise? There are countries on this list that weren't there last year, and a few countries in particular have had too many to count.

It's... I dunno. I have a hard enough time with feeling safe because of other issues, but like, now this scared feeling is becoming more existential.

Can someone send internet hugs? Or at least give the list a read? Sorry, I don't know what I'm trying to elicit with this post, am just trying to process this. Thanks for reading this.

Jesus, I'm not sure what's worse, the horrific ways some of them were killed, or the fact that so much of it is "Unknown",

Lots of digital hugs to you.

Zamros said:

AnnualThriftyAtlanticsharpnosepuffer-small.gif

No one should have to live in such fear. I wasn't aware of all this. Between me and my sister, I don't feel good about this either.
You get all the hugs from me.

Roeg's adaptation of Roald Dahl's 'The Witches' was on constant rotation in my childhood VHS player. I still need to catch up on much of his filmography.

George H.W. Bush has died.

06/12/1924 - 11/30/2018

Wow, this has been long coming.  The Bush family even prepared a funeral for him a few years ago when he wasn't doing too well.  But through it all, he still had his wits about him.  Rest in peace.

Blimey November 3rd I just heard the news and thought it was today/yesterday. Fond memories of her roles with Clint, very sad to hear of her passing.. it's very strange coincidence the news came out today on the day Eastwood's first film as director and star for 10 years is released in the U.S.

Back
Top Bottom