• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Obituaries

TM2YC

Take Me To Your Cinema
Staff member
Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points

thecuddlyninja

Staff member
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Rest in peace. You have expanded my understanding of the universe to a degree I never thought possible as a kid staring up into space.

TM2YC

Take Me To Your Cinema
Staff member
Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
He'll be back in the 24th Century.

Neglify

Reaction score
Trophy Points
RIP. I guess now is the time I should finally watch "Amadeus".

gazza

Reaction score
Trophy Points
R. Lee Ermey, Golden Globe Nominee for 'Full Metal Jacket,' Dies at 74
https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/n...lobe-nominee-full-metal-jacket-was-74-1102863
AJLlDp1bi3t4Liwn6FwWT7uExn20ASc2EcG0u_0xoA=s900-mo-c-c0xffffffff-rj-k-no

thecuddlyninja

Staff member
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
He cared deeply about his fellow Marines and was a very warm, nice guy. I got to spend some time with him when he visited us in Afghanistan in 2004. He didn't just do a meet and greet, he insisted on going out on a patrol with us. About an hour in, he realized that the patrol was only going to the towns right outside our base (which were pretty safe). He implored our platoon leader to "knock this p*ssy stuff out and take him on a real patrol" which of course they did not. He was a 60 year old USMC legend and nobody wanted him getting hurt or killed on their watch, but the fact that he wanted to made me smile. He also checked into our food situation to make sure we were eating as well as could be expected and getting mail on time. Great dude. His portrayal in Full Metal Jacket was a riveting performance and showed how locked in and focused a Marine can be, but his work off screen over the decades showed how caring and humane a Marine can be, as well. RIP

Top Bottom