• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Read BEFORE posting Trades & Request

Obituaries

Many of my favourite video-tapes that I'd watch on a loop as a kid, seem to have coincidentally featured John Hurt. 'Lord of the Rings', 'Watership Down', 'Spaceballs', 'I, Claudius' (watched with my parents) and of course who could forget his role as the narrator of Jim Henson's 'The Storyteller'...

It's a voice that I always associate with magic and adventure. Then you discover all his other roles when you get older for Directors like Ridley Scott and Michael Cimino. Only the other week I got the new '10 Rillington Place' Blu-Ray and he was brilliant as usual in an early role as the doomed Tim...

I knew he was gravely ill of late but still very sad news to take. Hail Scrawdyke! :D

Mike Connors = Dead

cast.jpg

Best known for the private eye show of the 60s and 70s.
Connors died of leukemia, aged 91.

Barbara Hale = Dead

Della-Street-12.jpg

Femme fatale in a few B-Noirs,
Hale is better remembered as Perry Mason's loyal secretary and confidant, Della Street.
She was 94.

Suggestion -
Would it be better to start an Obits - 2017 thread?

MODS, feel free to drop this off topic post.

Vultural said:
Suggestion -
Would it be better to start an Obits - 2017 thread?

Answer = No

jeebus, is this an obits competition?

TM2YC said:
Many of my favourite video-tapes that I'd watch on a loop as a kid, seem to have coincidentally featured John Hurt. 'Lord of the Rings', 'Watership Down', 'Spaceballs', 'I, Claudius' (watched with my parents) and of course who could forget his role as the narrator of Jim Henson's 'The Storyteller'...

My reflections upon hearing of his death were similar.  Perhaps it's time to watch Watership Down again.  It's a lovely film for a Sunday afternoon.

I wondered why RLM just uploaded this old clip...

I laughed, I smiled, then I read the description.

Richard Hatch.

This one has hit me harder than expected.

The original BSG is my Star Wars.   The endless, deep passion that fuels this site for Star Wars and countless edits, is what I feel for the classic Battlestar Galactica.   It was and is pure magic for me.

And Richard Hatch was pivotal in that magic.  His Captain Apollo was the epitome of all that was noble, brave and good.  

Off screen, Hatch's passion for Battlestar never died.  He wrote several novels continuing the adventures of the Rag Tag Fleet. He attempted to resurrect the series over the years, even going so far to mortgage his home to create a fantastic concept trailer.  He of course eventually returned to BSG as the pragmatic Tom Zarek, but to me he will always be Captain Apollo.

http://https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_s8heJPX8xk[/video]

Damn. I loved him in the reimagined BSG, haven't seen much of the original series though.

Clyde Stubblefield, an amazing funk drummer who was a staple of sampled hip-hip of the 80s and 90s past away today :(

Game over man, Game over.

Such a shame. 61 is young these days. :/

Back
Top Bottom