• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Read BEFORE posting Trades & Request

Obituaries

Whoa, I just added that song to my edit not too long ago.

Can we officially qualify the year 2016 as a serial killer yet?  It's going after talented people left and right, at an alarming rate.

matrixgrindhouse said:
Can we officially qualify the year 2016 as a serial killer yet?  It's going after talented people left and right, at an alarming rate.

I've got this theory... that we are in the period where the megastar international famous from the 60s/70s period are now dying. People who were giants in the worlds of art, music and film. People who were famous for doing things and achieving things in the age of film, radio and TV. When everybody watched the same channels and listened to the same station. Everybody knew them.

It's exactly 50 years since 1966 (Just happens to be the year Nimoy debuted in Star Trek). So perhaps we can expect this rate of celebrity attrition to be the new norm among the famous. Until we get to 2066, when the people who are "famous" now are dying out and nobody gives a f**k, or remembers who they were... and if they did they couldn't tell you what they were ever famous for 50 years ago :D .

34gr28n.jpg

Robert Vaughn - 83 - Dead

I know a lot of us who have tinkered with Superman III a lot are feeling that loss hard right now

Greg Lake, of Emerson, Lake, and Palmer (and apparently King Crimson, I didn't know that), 69.

http://www.bbc.com/news/entertainment-arts-38251936

Later today I'll be listening to some Asia to honor the last surviving member of ELP, Carl Palmer.

I assume that means he gets the Flying Hellfish paintings.

Too soon?

I came here to post about Greg and to share some King Crimson.  bummer

John Glenn - Mercury astronaut and Ohio Senator - dead

Vultural said:
John Glenn - Mercury astronaut and Ohio Senator - dead

:(  I have lived in Columbus for several years now, and Glenn was an absolute treasure here.  He has done so much for the city and state. May he float in peace among the stars.

Back
Top Bottom