• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Read BEFORE posting Trades & Request

Obituaries

Willy Wonka, The Waco Kid, Frederick Frankenstein, and the lesser-known but equally pitch-perfect Avram Belinsky from The Frisco Kid were all huge parts of my childhood. Especially Avram, actually -- I can probably quote more lines from TFK than even Young Frankenstein, which is saying something. 

This is a perfect example of how Wilder didn't play roles; he embodied them. As written, it's a funny scene with a sight gag. But Wilder sells it and makes it real as few others could have, and the joke becomes much more about the character's reaction. He takes it to another level with his timing, his gestures, and his physicality, all of which seem totally natural to the character. Seeming effortless, but really incredibly difficult. RIP.

Heard about this over the weekend. SC2C was one of my favorites and I loved Zorak. I recently started a project to preserve all the unreleased episodes. I was shocked to hear this news.

I will think of the lone mantis of the apocalypse when I look to the night sky.

Adult Swim are currently streaming all available C2C episodes online for free in memory.

Zarius said:
Adult Swim are currently streaming all available C2C episodes online for free in memory.

Indeed they are. Even some of the content that wasn't released via DVD or was replaced with other footage for licensing issues.

Everyone should take a peek. This show was genius. I still can't believe C.M. is gone.

I recently tried listing my favorites, and couldn't do it. So many great moments. The show faltered towards the end, and the GameTap eps were pretty weak, but overall, the show was fantastic.

Oscar & Palme d’Or-Winning Polish film director Andrzej Wajda has died aged 90.
He directed such iconic movies as "Kanal", "Ashes and Diamonds", "Man of Iron", "The Promised Land" and "Katyn".

https://www.theguardian.com/global/...lish-film-director-andrzej-wajda-dies-aged-90

[font=Tahoma,]His movie "Afterimage" was chosen as the Polish entry for a Best Foreign Language Film Oscar this year.[/font]
[font=Tahoma,]

Well, Polish cinema will be in mourning for a long time.​

Vultural said:
Cannot believe no one posted this.
Herschell Gordon Lewis kicked the bucket 26 September 2016.
All manner of respectable publications mentioned his passing.
The remembrance that I chose to link to hails from drive-in critic Joe Bob Briggs.

http://takimag.com/article/good_night_sweet_prince_of_gore_joe_bob_briggs

I have literally never heard of this person.

Perhaps it says more about me than him but it's the truth.

Back
Top Bottom