Fanedit Forums
Faneditor Interview: Beezo Part 1 - Printable Version

+- Fanedit Forums (https://forums.fanedit.org)
+-- Forum: Fanedit.org Discussions (https://forums.fanedit.org/forumdisplay.php?fid=8)
+--- Forum: Front Page News (https://forums.fanedit.org/forumdisplay.php?fid=54)
+--- Thread: Faneditor Interview: Beezo Part 1 (/showthread.php?tid=14110)

Pages: 1 2 3

Faneditor Interview: Beezo Part 1 - MCP - 06-11-2016

This is the discussion thread for Faneditor Interview: Beezo Part 1. Post away!

RE: Faneditor Interview: Beezo Part 1 - TomH1138 - 06-11-2016

Great interview! It's nice to get some insight into the thoughts of the editors here.

I also can't notice the difference in colors. If there's a direct side-by-side comparison, I can see it, but I can't pick it out on my own. I know a guy who was annoyed with the 2011 Muppets movie because it wasn't colored the same as the films from the '70s and '80s, and all I could wonder was how anyone would even notice that!

I'm surprised that some people cry more as they get older. There's nothing wrong with that; it's just the opposite way I watch(ed) movies. When I was younger, every movie was a life event that happened to me personally, as far as I was concerned, so I cried for anything and everything. Okay, maybe a slight exaggeration, but you get the idea. (You'll also understand why I watched almost no horror movies during this period of my life.)

Now even if I want to get lost in a movie, I know too much about the filmmaking process to shut off my brain. I can see all the strings that are being pulled, and make guesses as to how and why those particular strings were pulled. "Oh, this movie is attempting to follow the Hero's Journey." "Oh, this movie is making a political metaphor." Etc., etc. (That said, Inside Out was still pretty powerful.)

Anyway, this was a great read. I look forward to Part 2!

RE: Faneditor Interview: Beezo Part 1 - ssj - 06-11-2016

great discussion!

i also prefer calling severian "severius." sounds like the name of a roman emperor NTBFW*.

[size=x-small]*not to be fucked with[/size]

RE: Faneditor Interview: Beezo Part 1 - ssj - 06-13-2016

Per that photo on the front page, one of you is a lot older than I thought.

Faneditor Interview: Beezo Part 1 - thecuddlyninja - 06-13-2016

Thank you so much for the kind words!

(06-13-2016, 04:03 AM)ssj Wrote: Per that photo on the front page, one of you is a lot older than I thought.

Well, you're not the star of Oldboy so I guess hearts are broken all around, my friend.

RE: Faneditor Interview: Beezo Part 1 - ssj - 06-13-2016

47% of FE members look precisely like their avatars. It's true.

Shame on the rest.

RE: Faneditor Interview: Beezo Part 1 - ThrowgnCpr - 06-13-2016

I am the 47%

RE: Faneditor Interview: Beezo Part 1 - ssj - 06-14-2016

(06-13-2016, 06:46 AM)ThrowgnCpr Wrote: I am the 47%

[Image: Playing-Guitar-And-Sing-Song-Funny-Bird.png]

RE: Faneditor Interview: Beezo Part 1 - ThrowgnCpr - 06-14-2016

actually I'm rubbish at guitar. But I do play drums.

[Image: maxresdefault.jpg]

RE: Faneditor Interview: Beezo Part 1 - ssj - 06-15-2016

agree with bezoar and the corazonninja:

fanediting is a practical form of film criticism. the cinematic "what ifs" become our puzzles to solve, if we're so inclined.