Fanedit Forums
Feature This - A Fan Edit Podcast - Printable Version

+- Fanedit Forums (https://forums.fanedit.org)
+-- Forum: Fanedit.org Discussions (https://forums.fanedit.org/forumdisplay.php?fid=8)
+--- Forum: Submit a News Item (https://forums.fanedit.org/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Thread: Feature This - A Fan Edit Podcast (/showthread.php?tid=12374)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13

RE: Feature This - A Fan Edit Podcast - ssj - 07-20-2016

very enjoyable installment. great having neg in the fray, and I appreciated the occasional descent (or ascent) into goofy levity.

question, beezo: many of us who've been fanediting for a while know a few other faneditors' real names, but faneditors might not necessarily want their real names out there in the public, at least in an easily discoverable way. do you vet a particular faneditor's preferences on this matter before recording a show?

Feature This - A Fan Edit Podcast - thecuddlyninja - 07-20-2016

I second that. Haven't seen Payback or the fanedit but I listened anyway and was not disappointed. I enjoyed the looseness of it.

ssj: I was certainly asked ahead of time about the name thing FWIW

RE: Feature This - A Fan Edit Podcast - Neglify - 07-20-2016

If you google "Neglify" you'll learn my name, so the point is moot in my case.

RE: Feature This - A Fan Edit Podcast - TVs Frink - 07-20-2016

And if you google TV's Frink you can see what he looks like.

RE: Feature This - A Fan Edit Podcast - beezo - 07-21-2016

(07-20-2016, 03:31 PM)ssj Wrote: very enjoyable installment. great having neg in the fray, and I appreciated the occasional descent (or ascent) into goofy levity.

question, beezo: many of us who've been fanediting for a while know a few other faneditors' real names, but faneditors might not necessarily want their real names out there in the public, at least in an easily discoverable way. do you vet a particular faneditor's preferences on this matter before recording a show?

I don't mind honoring the anonymity.  As thecuddlyninja pointed out, we did have that discussion beforehand.  I didn't know Neglify's name until we linked up on Skype.  His first name slipped out once or twice, but I tried to use his moniker primarily.  Generally speaking, I would try to hammer that out before recording.

RE: Feature This - A Fan Edit Podcast - ssj - 07-21-2016

daz cool, dudes. was curious about the process.

RE: Feature This - A Fan Edit Podcast - ThrowgnCpr - 07-23-2016

The last episode was fun. I don't think I had actually heard Neglify before, and it seemed fitting that he sounded a little Tarantinoey/squirrely. Big Grin I look forward to the next episode. In the meantime, its about time I add those Payback and Scream edits to my watch queue.

RE: Feature This - A Fan Edit Podcast - Neglify - 07-24-2016

(07-23-2016, 01:56 PM)ThrowgnCpr Wrote: The last episode was fun. I don't think I had actually heard Neglify before, and it seemed fitting that he sounded a little Tarantinoey/squirrely. Big Grin I look forward to the next episode. In the meantime, its about time I add those Payback and Scream edits to my watch queue.

Cool, hope you eventually enjoy those edits! 

And if that was the first time you've heard my voice, you must not have seen any of the Blaster Con videos.

RE: Feature This - A Fan Edit Podcast - beezo - 07-25-2016

(07-24-2016, 11:09 PM)Neglify Wrote:
(07-23-2016, 01:56 PM)ThrowgnCpr Wrote: The last episode was fun. I don't think I had actually heard Neglify before, and it seemed fitting that he sounded a little Tarantinoey/squirrely. Big Grin I look forward to the next episode. In the meantime, its about time I add those Payback and Scream edits to my watch queue.

And if that was the first time you've heard my voice, you must not have seen any of the Blaster Con videos.

Thanks for linking this video.  I hadn't seen it before and it was really cool seeing the craft on display like this.  Any chance the full presentation is available??

RE: Feature This - A Fan Edit Podcast - ThrowgnCpr - 07-25-2016

(07-24-2016, 11:09 PM)Neglify Wrote:

The podcast actually reminded me of those videos. I grabbed them after they were posted, but never got around to watching. Will need to do that now.