• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Read BEFORE posting Trades & Request

Last DVD, Blu-Ray, UHD or Digital you purchased?

Gaith said:
A blind $4.43 buy from Redbox:

I looked through the buy option on Redbox the other day and you can get some pretty good deals on relatively new movies.

^ Indeed - and since I've decided to start storing most (not all, but most) of my discs in a faux-antique book, rather than go for the archetypal man cave full of video cases, the lack of original packaging doesn't bother me. And, so far, I've been pleased with the condition of the discs themselves.

Okay, you $4 Amazon bad boy, time to see if your infamous insanity lives up to the hype:

20200907-191416.jpg

@"Gaith" do you ever use the bluray.com Amazon deals of the day sort? You'll find a lot of those types of specials. ;)

^ Oh, believe you me, I hit Refresh on bluray.com an embarrassing number of times per day. I was already a heavy visitor earlier this year, but covid increased that, and now that California's on fire indefinitely (but global warming's a commie hoax, of course), keeping us doubly inside, I'm only visiting it more. :p

DigModiFicaTion said:
I was going to buy the digital version of this extended cut, but it ended up being about half the price to just buy it from the UK and have it shipped over the waters. I've always been curious to see if I could somehow make it into a mission impossible.
51sMReqS11L.jpg

Kind of frustrated......the movie showed up yesterday and when I put it in to start ripping it the only version of the movie is the theatrical cut....I paid more for the overseas version so I could have the extended cut....anyone here from the UK have this same version and have the same issue with the disc? *sigh*

Upgraded my Blade Runner experience. Gave my previous BD copy of BR2049 to my father but I'm hanging on to my BR 30th Anniversary CE for the DC and other archival cuts.

Literally just came back from Wal-Mart and picked these up, along with a few records as well. That GITS is the original film (though I do have the live-action film floating around my place somewhere).

4cdc22089ddf6f81ad09b2366af077bf.jpg

e20a7c128931f8f8759870a5b4520581.jpg

43b684b3d2652013b89e6248fbb8854f.jpg

4740db78c1fbc5b02bb94d95cfefb89c.jpg

510GTNVNYYL._SY445_.jpg

411%2BV-p9a1L._AC_SY445_.jpg

I only bought the third disc of that Ultimate Horror Collection set as it included a copy of Carnival of Souls, which I’ve long wanted to own. Being an obvious public domain release, I expected the worst, figuring the quality would be absolute shit, but its a surprisingly decent transfer.

Came in yesterday morning and the first thing I watched was Lawrence of Arabia. Watched Dr. Strangelove today. Definitely a must-have for your collection.

Ah, it's that wonderful time of the year again. October is just around the corner and with it comes "31 Days Of Halloween". Added these to my collection within the last two weeks. I can't wait for October 1st. One full month of nothing but horror.

000-0002.jpg

000-0003.jpg
000-0004.jpg

That's a good deal. People are still spending at least twice as much for single movies from that edition and up to $75 for the trilogy.

I'd bought another copy of TESB: GOUT previously online. Spent $47 on that one.

azRuss-m-IGMk4ZxUGPKUe78tyW3Gbs9AEI2_IV68HKlFaq36RppgQNlqpPW6Gszsiauvry5B9Bff1Ostf0Mtwg664r-OjKvXcoLgnncHjt811oxRr-nc98KFu413Otgt9wJPAhzZHJzaAFX3_kWzFN_XorYn_o6yx6wLxfG2H1FEM7R8A
Been wanting to watch this for a long time.

The editing in that clip is absolutely insane.​

Upgrading some DVDs and adding John Carter to the hoard.
WAR_BR585733.jpg
1fac3d3fc2dff8d60c72bcc65775f059.jpg
D_NQ_NP_732073-MLM30762877525_052019-O.jpg

Handman said:
azRuss-m-IGMk4ZxUGPKUe78tyW3Gbs9AEI2_IV68HKlFaq36RppgQNlqpPW6Gszsiauvry5B9Bff1Ostf0Mtwg664r-OjKvXcoLgnncHjt811oxRr-nc98KFu413Otgt9wJPAhzZHJzaAFX3_kWzFN_XorYn_o6yx6wLxfG2H1FEM7R8A
Been wanting to watch this for a long time.

The editing in that clip is absolutely insane.​

Oooh, you're in for treat with that one. IIRC there is a school scene in the snow early on that gets faster and faster until there is an edit on every frame :D . Play that Carl Davis score loud!

I have a second copy of BR2049, this time a UK version. I got it for a personal project.

Back
Top Bottom