• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Last DVD, Blu-Ray, UHD or Digital you purchased?

Gaith

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Rogue-theX said:
LOTR:ROTK special extended version (I have the theatrical on dvd, curious to see what the extended version is like)

IMO? Dull. I think the extended Fellowship is an improvement to the theatrical, allowing the characters and world more room to breathe, the extended TTT a slight step down, with the added character beats not amounting to much, and the extended RotK a significant downgrade, utterly deflating what should be the third "act" tension and momentum with every scene save one brief one.

Anyhow, picked up Collateral and The 6th Day on blu for $3 apiece yesterday. :p

Gaith

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Just kicked off my Fast and Furious blu ray collection with Amazon's $30 7-movie set! If I sell the digital copy codes on eBay, as well as the Tokyo Drift and F&F 6 discs, I might just about break even.  :D

After all, UniversalUK still has the best part of F&F 6 on YouTube:

DigModiFicaTion

DᴉმWoqᴉԷᴉcɑꓕᴉou
Staff member
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
A few weeks ago I scored the Sherlock Holmes the complete Granada TV series for $30. Without a doubt, the best Sherlock Holmes that has ever graced the screen. One of those rare moments when actor and role are so perfectly matched that reality is suspended and immersion occurs.
[align=center]

And today I scored the first two seasons of Castle for $5. The guy even threw in the first season of Hannibal for free (I'll most likely be selling that one). My wife loves the show, so husband points for me  :)

[align=center]

Rogue-theX

Faneditor
Cover Artist
Reaction score
Trophy Points
I picked up Alien Convent today, I usually don't buy movies brand new anymore, maybe something from the 5$ bin, but usually I get used dvds for a dollar and vhs's for 10 cents, but this is a new Alien movie so...
Haven't seen the movie yet, waiting till the sun goes down.

TM2YC

Take Me To Your Cinema
Staff member
Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
DigModiFicaTion said:
A few weeks ago I scored the Sherlock Holmes the complete Granada TV series for $30. Without a doubt, the best Sherlock Holmes that has ever graced the screen. One of those rare moments when actor and role are so perfectly matched that reality is suspended and immersion occurs.

He is very good isn't he! S1 is as close to Sherlockian perfection as it's possible to be. Brett looks exactly like the rake-thin Holmes and leaps about with energy and a hint of danger. IMO it slowly goes down in quality after that but maintains a high standard. The second Watson was less to my taste (the first has more of a spark of fun). The increased use of intros giving away the whole mystery before we see Holmes. Brett beginning to overact and then being sadly and visibly ill at the end.

ssj

Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Rogue-theX said:
I picked up Alien Convent today

i didn't know the xenomorphs had a religious order.
Narutos_selfie_344_3543114b.jpg

Rogue-theX

Faneditor
Cover Artist
Reaction score
Trophy Points
^ It's a weird movie, its both better and worse than prometheus IMO. I now look at these as what if alternate reality spin offs, I cannot and will not believe that the space jockey from Alien is a guy in a space suit.
And this last part, no joke, I had an unnerving feeling towards the end that David was going to look at the camera and laugh at me and say something along the lines of "you thought this was going to be a movie?" and that my reality would lose all visual perspective like in a calvin and hobbes strip. But that didn't happen.
Yeah, weird movie. Lots of pros. Lots of cons. Lots of ins and outs and what have yous. I mean its a lot more uh...complex...I mean its uh... I mean it may not just be such a simple... You know?

Rogue-theX

Faneditor
Cover Artist
Reaction score
Trophy Points
8ae23ef1-ae4a-43ec-b013-c3e3090148b4_1.dfbbcc7ab0b73d1495aea44af2952117.jpeg

I picked that ^ up on account of it being worth the 5 dollars to finally see Kull, that it has the theatrical of CTB (YES!) and animorphic CTD. The scorpion king sucks yet it does have some charm to it so I'll still watch that.

I also picked up Hercules with the Rock in it. I think I saw this once, but don't remember it beyond the lion outfit and a cool castle type place at the end.

bionicbob

Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Rogue-theX said:
I picked that ^ up on account of it being worth the 5 dollars to finally see Kull, 

Kull is a fun, if not silly, movie.   Doesn't quite get the character right, but as an escapist fantasy flick, its enjoyable.  Though it feels dated due to its soundtrack.  If it had a clean center channel it would be ripe for a fan edit.

The Scribbling Man

Tenant of the Tower of Flints
Staff member
Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
My last purchase was a selection of DVD's and Blu-Rays, pretty much just so I could own the source and watch some fanedits:

Star Trek: Into Darkness
Godzilla
Terminator 3
X-Men: Days of Future Past
Watchmen

Sinbad

Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
i picked up these 3 up yesterday for £4.50 total on bluray.

Orphan 2009
Money Monster 2016
Lucky Number Slevin 2007

Gaith

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
For the first time in years (I believe), Amazon is listing brand-new blus of the incomparable Hot Rod for under $7! Huzzah! *fwoosh; purchases*

Rod_Triumphant_zpsasxqoxp7.jpg

It'sOnRandom

Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
I bought the amazing spiderman and the deleted scenes for £1 wednesdsy

AmeliaWasHere

Reaction score
Trophy Points
my weekly trip to 2nd and Charles resulted in

• Batman: Year One
  • Blade Runner: 5 Disc Collector's Edition
  • Atomic Blonde
all on Blu-ray for $26. sooooooooooo excited to watch every possible version of Blade Runner

The Scribbling Man

Tenant of the Tower of Flints
Staff member
Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Last blu ray I personally purchased was Hearts of Darkness (apocalypse now documentary), but my brother surprised me recently by buying me both Total Recall and Robocop.

bionicbob

Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Any HIGHLANDER tv series fans out there?

VEI is releasing the Complete Television series on their site this coming April 3rd.  It should be available on Amazon shortly after.

http://www.tvshowsondvd.com/news/Highlander-Series-The-Complete-Series/24072

VEI, like Mill Creek, releases complete series sets are bargain basement prices.  I know in many reviews people complain about the cheap packaging or malfunctioning discs.... I have bought a few sets from both companies and never had an issue... even so, one or two bad discs at these prices, it is still worth it for me LOL.

Maybe I will finally do a Highlander fan edit.

Garp

Reaction score
Trophy Points
I recently got into this series, after viewing all the 'Highlander' films over the last few weeks (including 3 versions of 'Highlander 2', the atrocious 'Highlander 5' and the OK-ish anime film). The series is available on Hulu, and it's grown on me.

bionicbob

Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Garp said:
I recently got into this series, after viewing all the 'Highlander' films over the last few weeks (including 3 versions of 'Highlander 2', the atrocious 'Highlander 5' and the OK-ish anime film). The series is available on Hulu, and it's grown on me.

The series started off as bit of a mess the first season, but seasons 2 to 5 are brilliant imo.  Season six is awful.  While very formula in structure, the series excelled at examining the "grey area" between Good and Evil.  Definitely one of my favourite genre series, and far superior to all the Highlander movie sequels.

Top Bottom