• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Last DVD, Blu-Ray, UHD or Digital you purchased?

njvc

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Just picked up lots of blurays from the discount bin:

Argo (extended), Once, Sound City, Cowboys & Aliens, Godfather part II, Bob Dylan tribute concert, Keeping the Faith, 500 days of summer, Frost/Nixon, Kick Ass, No Country for Old Men, Scarface, Big Lebowski.

Good times :)

wayne.workman2012

Reaction score
Trophy Points
VHS:

Crocodile Dundee in L.A., Denise Austin workout tape, kickboxing workout tape, The Silence of the Lambs, Pretty Woman

DVD:

The Adventures of Milo and Otis, Harry Potter and the order of the phoenix, something else... forgot the name...

Side note:

The Goodwill that I bought my 6 dollar late 80s 15 inch TV from (the only tv they had on the shelf at the time), that's the same one I went back to (not even a week later). They had SIX TVs!! ALL of them better than the one I got!! I was debating on just donating the one I bought back to them and getting a bigger one, but then I calmed down about it and said to myself "My TV works perfectly fine, and I've enjoyed watching movies on it."

And I am highly likely to just donate these VHS movies back to the Goodwill after the girl friend and I have watched them. Going to hold on to the DVDs a bit longer in case I want to try an edit of one.

Neglify

Reaction score
Trophy Points
Couple weeks ago picked up a few. Two Lynyrd Skynyrd concert movies for my buddy's birthday. And "Eight Heads in a Duffel Bag" because it was $2 and Joe Pesci.

wayne.workman2012

Reaction score
Trophy Points
Grease on dvd

The girl friend enjoyed milo and Otis.... But viewing it as adults instead of children, it's clear they threw that cat off a cliff, threw the dog off the bridge, and threw the cat into the pit... Very Cruel. I wonder how many orange tom cats and pugs they went through making that movie...

Maybe I should just stop re-watching my favorite childhood movies........ It's depressing.

Fanedit

Reaction score
Trophy Points
No Country For Old Men Blu Ray $5 Wally-Mart today - Yaybo

Omaru1982

Reaction score
Trophy Points
Well I was wondering around some store called Tetsuya in Shibuya city and found Kill Bill vol 1 on dvd for 1000 yen which comes to about £5.90.

So yeah, I got that.
And i'm back.

bionicbob

Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Preparing myself for the new Godzilla this summer, I picked up from Amazon...

GOJIRA
GODZILLA 2000
GODZILLA AGAINST MECHAGODZILLA
GODZILLA TOKYO SOS
GODZILLA FINAL WARS

DominicCobb

Staff member
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
^Potential fan edit?

My last Blu-ray purchased was There Will Be Blood. Been meaning to get it for a while.

TM2YC

Take Me To Your Cinema
Staff member
Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
The Master, Bad Lieutenant (Herzog), Zero Dark Thirty. 3Blu-Rays-for-£20 deal at HMV, featuring 3 of the best films of recent times... sweet! :)

CAGE.jpg

And on the subject of Herzog, hurry up and be July 21st so I can buy this...

91DaMkZhLuL._SL1500_.jpg

I've been waiting ever since I bought the previous DVD boxset to watch 'Aguirre, wrath of god' (The transfer is so bad I couldn't bare to watch it). But these are all newly remastered and restored in HD. Das ist fantastisch!

steelio2006

Reaction score
Trophy Points
bionicbob said:
Preparing myself for the new Godzilla this summer, I picked up from Amazon...

GOJIRA
GODZILLA 2000
GODZILLA AGAINST MECHAGODZILLA
GODZILLA TOKYO SOS
GODZILLA FINAL WARS

Feel like there's a potential fan edit in the works that could be made from this.

Rogue-theX

Faneditor
Cover Artist
Reaction score
Trophy Points
DVD:
I'll always know what you did last summer
Wrong Turn

VHS:
Under Siege
Fletch
Cleopatra
Hamlet (the Lawrence Oliver one)
Beauty and the Beast (featuring Sarah Conner)
Jewel Of The Nile (this is the LAST TIME!!! I buy this movie on vhs for ten cents thinking it was Romancing the Stone)
Romeo and Juliet ('68)
Tarzan featuring Johnny Rico
Force 10 from navyro..navar, navy... no. whatever)
THE TOWERING INFERNO!!!
Orgazmo
X-mas Carol colorized
The African Queen
Time Changers (I probably should have read the back instead of looking at just the cover but oh well)

TM2YC

Take Me To Your Cinema
Staff member
Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Tintin Movie (Blu-Ray) - I'm gonna fanedit this one day for sure and the Blu-Ray was on offer, so time to stock up.

Little Malcolm and his Struggle Against the Eunuchs (Blu-Ray) - Doesn't needed editing as it's awesome already but some footage might be useful if I ever tackled 'V for Vendetta'.

John Carter (Blu-Ray) - Again very cheap at the minute and even if I don't edit it myself (Which I might), I want to watch other people fixes.

Over There (DVD) - I'd like to edit out all the weaker home-based footage, from this Iraq-War TV show (Just showing the day-to-day lives of the soldiers and rename it 'Over Here'. Might do a mini-series edit.

Plus I've put in my pre-order for the Werner Herzog Blu-Ray boxset that is coming out June 21st. Whoo!

Frantic Canadian

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Hit up the Salvation Army today and picked up the following two VHS tapes:

Iron Maiden: Behind The Iron Curtain

The info on the wiki page says that it runs 30 minutes but the back cover and label both say 38 minutes. I haven't popped it in yet though to verify.

Motley Crue: Uncensored

I was a little surprised to find two metal VHS tapes. Normally the only music VHS tapes they have are Backstreet Boys and New Kids On The Block ones. :lol:

DominicCobb

Staff member
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
On a whim I bought Challenge of the Super Friends Season 1. I'd never heard of it, but for $3.99 I couldn't resist. Turns out it's just Super Friends Season 3. Why did they change the name? I don't know. Anyway I watched an episode and it's super dumb. Which actually makes me really happy. Good purchase I think.

reave

Staff member
Reaction score
Trophy Points
DominicCobb said:
On a whim I bought Challenge of the Super Friends Season 1. I'd never heard of it, but for $3.99 I couldn't resist. Turns out it's just Super Friends Season 3. Why did they change the name? I don't know. Anyway I watched an episode and it's super dumb. Which actually makes me really happy. Good purchase I think.

Never understood the name change either, but Spider-Man did the same thing.

bionicbob

Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
If I remember correctly, Challenge of the Super Friends introduced the Legion of Doom as the recurring baddies and was the first time most of those villains were ever animated.... it was a pretty big deal at the time.... Many fans consider CHALLENGE the best of the Super Friends many incarnations. It also inspired the season two story line for JUSTICE LEAGUE UNLIMITED.

DominicCobb

Staff member
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
If this is the case (that Challenge is the best) then I'm even more content with my purchase. And it would seem you are correct about the Legion of Doom, which is awesome by the way. I love it when the announcer says "meanwhile, at the Hall of Doom" and we see a giant Darth Vader head in a swamp. Great fun. Maybe I'll do an edit of it someday.

Top Bottom