• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Read BEFORE posting Trades & Request

Last DVD, Blu-Ray, UHD or Digital you purchased?

Arrow had a sale on at HMV recently and my friend gets 30% off on top of that, so I did a little bulk buying. Picked up Frankenheimer's The Train, as well as Twelve Monkeys, City of the Dead, and Howling II.

Arrow had a sale on at HMV recently and my friend gets 30% off on top of that, so I did a little bulk buying. Picked up Frankenheimer's The Train, as well as Twelve Monkeys, City of the Dead, and Howling II.
How does your friend get that deal ?!

How does your friend get that deal ?!

They work in head office for that chain of stores and there seem to be some nice perks. Sometimes at the end of the year there are a pile of blurays that staff can just wade through and take for free. Last time that happened he picked me up a copy of Tremors and Girls Nite Out (also arrow).

51Y9N6Q32TL.jpg

I finally upgraded my Indiana Jones original trilogy to HD. I've had the great 2003 Region-1 DVD trilogy boxset ^ for years but I irrationally didn't want a blu-ray set that was inevitably tainted by including Crystal Skull. I managed to find the three lovely 2013 steelbooks (featuring original Struzan artwork) for less than half the price they sell on eBay. The spines look great on the shelf and I can store Crystal Skull at the bottom of a drawer somewhere :LOL:.

se-anuncia-en-uk-tres-titulos-de-indiana-jones-en-steelbook-para-el-3-de-junio-original.gif

51Y9N6Q32TL.jpg

I finally upgraded my Indiana Jones original trilogy to HD. I've had the great 2003 Region-1 DVD trilogy boxset ^ for years but I irrationally didn't want a blu-ray set that was inevitably tainted by including Crystal Skull.
Hehe. That trilogy box-set is great! My mom bought them for my grandpa years ago, then I adopted them lol. I recently upgraded to the 4K (and I enjoy Crystal Skull hehe) and I'm very happy with them, but I am nostalgic about the old DVD :)

My plan is to upgrade my DVDs to Blu-ray or 4k when the 5-movie set comes out next year.

^ I like the title rhymes in German.

Went to the flea market yesterday, nabbed Eraserhead and Rurouni Kenshin - Reflections. The vendor was like, "Finally someone understands, these are the good movies, not one dollar movies" (they were like 5 bucks each I think). It was amusing, but don't knock one dollar movies. That being said, Eraserhead isn't streaming anywhere, in fact it doesn't show up at all when I search on my Roku, plus it's a great movie, so I'll gladly pay as much as I have to. I wish I still had my Lime Green box.
Also nabbed the Star Wars "Faces" vhs set.

Just now I went to Good Will and found Fire Walk With Me. Also got Reign Over Me, Zack Snyder's DOTD, and Land of the Dead.

Edit: Eraserhead is on HBO Max, I was thinking of some other Lynch film. Boy I really hope somebody got fired for that blunder.

Last edited:
Just now I went to Good Will and found Fire Walk With Me.
In case you didn't know, @Q2's extended cut is well worth your time if you fancy an extra 75 minutes: it was the version I watched first and prefer, provided you are in the right mood the 3 1/2 hours fly by!

Went to the flea market yesterday, nabbed Eraserhead and Rurouni Kenshin - Reflections. The vendor was like, "Finally someone understands, these are the good movies, not one dollar movies" (they were like 5 bucks each I think). It was amusing, but don't knock one dollar movies. That being said, Eraserhead isn't streaming anywhere, in fact it doesn't show up at all when I search on my Roku, plus it's a great movie, so I'll gladly pay as much as I have to. I wish I still had my Lime Green box.
Also nabbed the Star Wars "Faces" vhs set.

Just now I went to Good Will and found Fire Walk With Me. Also got Reign Over Me, Zack Snyder's DOTD, and Land of the Dead.

In case you didn't know, @Q2's extended cut is well worth your time if you fancy an extra 75 minutes: it was the version I watched first and prefer, provided you are in the right mood the 3 1/2 hours fly by!
Yeah, I downloaded that a while ago but unfortunately never got around to watching it. Now I'm without a computer and watching fanedits isn't really viable. Some day though.

Stopped by Half Price Books and picked up:

-Doctor Sleep Blu-Ray
-Oz The Great And Powerful Blu-Ray
-Terminator Genisys/The Terminator Double Feature Blu-Ray
-Tron Legacy Blu-Ray
-Rambo 2008 4K

Been meaning to watch Venture Bros for a while now. When I finally decided to start the other day, I found that it was no longer on Hulu. It was just there a couple months ago! So I impulsively bought the complete series boxset, just now, along with the new movie.

Found a 30-film Universal monster collection at Walmart, so I got it. I remember searching for a collection like this years ago, but there wasn't anything that was both affordable and comprehensive. I'm stoked to watch through these. Dracula is the only one I've actually seen in its entirety. I might skip watching the Mummy movies because they really don't interest me.

At the flea market today, I found a bootleg vhs of Roger Corman's Fantastic Four, for a dollar! I know you can find it online easily these days, but finding a copy in the wild just feels special.
Also found a bootleg Macross vhs with a handful of OVAs on it, for some reason also including Mospeada Love Live Alive.

Most importantly though, I found the 2-disk edition of Inland Empire. Everyone says this movie is garbage, but I've been so curious about it.

Found a 30-film Universal monster collection at Walmart, so I got it. I remember searching for a collection like this years ago, but there wasn't anything that was both affordable and comprehensive. I'm stoked to watch through these. Dracula is the only one I've actually seen in its entirety. I might skip watching the Mummy movies because they really don't interest me.
At least watch the Mummy's Ghost. One of my favorite Universal Monsters films.

And Hand is an interesting watch to if you're a fan of the 90's films.

I love Cutthroat Island, too bad it killed Carolco. Which Conan is that? Barbarian or Destroyer ?

Back
Top Bottom